𝐂𝐡. 𝟐𝟐 | 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬

Luka

I had arrived back to NYC and headed straight to see Liya. It had been two days since I saw her and those days were like hell. She also seemed to be really busy because my calls started to go to voicemail which normally doesn't happen.

She's always picking up my calls. And it isn't even that I'm always calling her. Her house was locked and her car was parked in Chase's driveway along his car. Hmm, that's new.

The devils siding with each other in harmony for once. I have to see this. I rang the doorbell to which his maid answered the door.

"Are Chase and Liya home?" I asked.

"Yes, sir," she answered allowing me into the house.

As soon as I enter I see Liya sliding down the rain of his stairs in an oversized shirt that looked like Chase's. But happiness came across her as she saw me.

"Luka!" she yelled jumping off the rail, giving me a close heart attack because she's so risky with her playfulness.

Chase was coming down the stairs when Liya had ran across the living hall, barefoot and... hugged me. Her body collapsed into me, giving me a shake. My body froze with surprise.

This was the first time Liya had ever hugged me. Her arms tight around me. My arms wrapped around hers as a response but slowly because I could nearly pass out.

"I missed you so much," she softly spoke looking up to me with her gorgeous smile.

"I missed you too my little devil," I responded patting her head.

She wasn't reacting negatively anymore. Our eyes locked as we both processed this. I was happy that she could finally feel secured and safe with me being in physical contact with her.

"How come you're here? Are you two arguing again?" I ask looking to Chase who stands with a serious expression staring at Liya.

Liya lets go of me and stands straight, nodding no.

"Your little devil had someone follow her back to her house. So, I decided that she'd be safe here," Chase explained with an eye roll.

"That was so rude," Liya spoke in a high tone taking a step towards him.

"Whatever. Change out of my clothes and make sure you have them washed. I hate the smell of strawberries and sweet shit," Chase complained, abruptly annoyed by Liya.

Liya gasps at his words and glares at him. Chase heads back upstairs to his room after ignorantly letting us know that he has a business on his shoulders.

"Take this bag of problems with you Luka now that you're back," were the words he said before leaving us to be.

Liya's lips scrunched into a mad pout and she marched towards the entrance.

"Liya, shoes. Now," I commanded.

She turned back and headed up the stairs to get her shoes. Then she angrily walked out again. I stopped her by the arm and she didn't flinch at all.

"You were followed by someone? You should have told me," I spoke looking into her eyes.

Her body tensed a bit at me bringing this up. I have given her a pager she can use to alert me if she's in any danger. She's used it a few times with her panic attacks but we haven't had any emergency recently.

"It was David," she told leaving my eyes to expand.

Her eyes could nearly tear up. I wrap my arms around her because now I can and she comfortably wraps hers around me too.