𝐂𝐡. 𝟏𝟑 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞

Liya

"Oh shut up. You'd probably want me dead sooner, any second," the bitterness for me in him spoke.

He's right...and he made me chuckle again with pride. It's realistic to want a person with a personality worse than cactus dead. Especially if they've been your long enemy for three fucking miserable years.

There is was again, him cursing someone again at the lights. For God's sake, he's literally a CEO now and it's about time he changed his ways because everyone knows him as Luka's best friend as well.

The media always needs a reason for hot gossip and the contrast between Luka's and Chase's personality and attitudes is on bleak these days... mainly because of Chase. And it is pretty self-explanatory why. I bet my bottom dollar everyone around him on the road has their camera out to record his abusive and non-professional language.

"Chase," I frowned, getting his attention.

"Yes, baby," he flirtingly chuckles, nearly making me gag but get butterflies at the same time.

"Roll up your window right now and zip your lips!" my voice ordered, nearly forgetting he isn't someone who can easily be tamed.

Especially by someone who is far from being in his likes. I am no where near his dislikes either. I fall into the hate category after everything that has happened between us. It does get scary sometimes because he can be a bit more psychopathic than me but I never let it show.

"Only if you let me say something," he urges importantly.

"Okay," I agree instantly, just so the show he has put on for everyone is a bit calmed.

The noise of the window hitting the curve of the door riches my ears and all I can hear now is the high air-con in the car which is probably doing its best to keep this man's eyes wide open.

"Why did you let Jenavive take the lead shoot for the pretty girl cover?" he stressed, with top-tier hatred for her.

It wasn't a secret that he hated her. Especially when she was switching between the both, Chase and Luka. Chase has always given of digested immediate reactions whilst Luka is a bit...civil. Something that doesn't please me at times.

Times like when Jenavive tries to take advantage of it. Chase hated me too but he could for an inch, stand me breathing. However, Jenavive, he would have killed her if it wasn't for the drop of humanity Luka refills in him everyday without failure so he doesn't end up in jail.

"It's not a big deal. I have the cover of many other projects," I sighed, knowing how badly I wanted that cover too.

But I didn't want any drama with Jenavive. She was the diva, the mentor and basically the girl all the other models were scared of. Even after her ragging video was leaked when she tried to rag me on my first day, everyone is still somehow scared of her.

I mean, daddy's money of course but she's taken away all the golden opportunities that these girls were even given because she's fame hungry. And I absolutely hate people like that.

"It is, you're so much prettier than her. You're much prettier than any girl I've seen," he mumbles, nearly nicely and softly to me.

Fuck... it didn't surprise me. His tone, his words, nothing surprised me at all. Rather, it gave a deja vu of our first kiss when he had called me beautiful.

"You don't have to lie," my lips muttered awkwardly now that he had gotten his kiss.

My body relaxed against the headboard between the three seconds of silence that came after my response. In those three seconds I blinked a few times, purposely and harshly. It was so quiet.