𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟕 | 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐇𝐢𝐦 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Liya
TW: Suicide ⚠️

I wake up to my phone consistently buzzing on my bedside table. It was early morning but the title of an article triggered me. My body arches off the bed as I unlock the phone and click on it.

'Famous model Luka Kelp, found dead from an overdose'.

My heart drops reading the full headline. This has to be fake...

Luka...

I rush to my call log and dial his number but it only ever rings. Luka would never let my call ring for more than three rings. Grabbing my car keys with a heart full of hope that this was fake news someone had decided to spread, I raced to his house.

And as I approached it, numerous police cars, investigators and ambulances were there. My heart drops again in my body as I exit my car. Running through the crowd and into his entrance, I get held back in Chase's arms.

"Luka!" I yelled with tears flowing as two people brought a body down on the sketcher.

My breath was uneven. No, no. This can't be true. This doesn't make sense. My eyes horrendously watch them take his body, covered with a white cloth from where I couldn't even see the face.

"That's not Luka, right?" I cried to Chase attempting to reach for the cover.

But it had flown off the face and there came his face. Pale. The colour had left his face and he was as white as a ghost. My arms argued against Chase's body as they took the body out of the house.

"Leave me, you moron! This isn't true!" I screamed in pain.

"Liya, please," his broken voice failed to keep him strong as he tightened his grip on my body.

People watched me punch his chest. Cuss at him with the worst words only for him to stand still with his frozen body and wait for me to give up.

With one final breath of argumentation, the cloth on his arm was scrunched into my palm tightly. My head fell into his hard chest, feeling his deep slow heartbeats. And I cried so restlessly. This couldn't be true.

"He would never do that," I cried just hoping all of this was a bad dream and that I would wake out of it soon.

But I didn't. I had taken myself out of his arms and locked eyes with him. Leaving the house, he didn't try to stop me. I got back into the car and got to the hospital they had taken him to. He was there for an autopsy.

"There has to be a mistake. He must have been murdered. I know him, he was my best friend he was happy," I convinced the doctor who looked at me with empathy.

"We understand but the autopsy results will confirm the cause of his death. The maid found a bottle of pills that were empty beside his body," he reveals.

Mira. She must have found him in his room. With a bottle of pills.

"Why aren't you listening to me? It's not like him to do this," I stressed unable to accept that Luka wasn't here for me anymore.

The doctor leaves and I sit down at the bench. In reality, my leg shook so hard with anxiety as I bit the inner corner of my lips.

Water flowed out of my eyes like it does in a fountain. Recalling all the memories with him, my heart refused to accept this was a reality.

Yesterday, when he had our candlelight dinner, everything was fine. During the shoot, he was happily adoring me. Someone's committed a hate crime against him.