𝐂𝐡. 𝟗 | 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐈 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮?

Liya

"That's a weird way to say I have made quite an entrance on social media Chase," I rolled my eyes at his nervousness.

Except he wasn't nervous at introducing me to the unknown man covered in a mask in front of me. Rather, he was nervous about the comment he made about me randomly going viral after the international runway.

"I didn't recognise you?" Chase changed the topic still having me by his side.

Now logically, I expected this to be a conversation about some weird stock market or finance business. Investing properties and what not. Chase had made the news for his huge deal which had been circulating.

Ellah had explained why he was a part of the collaborative shoot. If it wasn't Chase, then it would have been another guy. Now that I reflect back, I'm a bit relieved it was Chase. It was at least somebody I knew, even if it was someone I hated.

"David," the man spoke when the realisation came to hit me.

"David Dalton," a familiar voice introduced.

My head sprung to him immediately. My uncle... The smirk his lips had turned into. He had recognised me. His sons must be here too then.

"It's unusual to have models at a business masquerade," he further commented but my body couldn't react because it was frozen.

"Well Liya and I have been friends for a while. I'm sure you're aware of Luka Kelp. We all are mutuals," Chase explained.

"Well it was nice seeing you Ms Liya," David snickered putting his hand out forwards.

My teeth chewed on the inner corner of my lip and my thumb pinched into my other hand hardly. It was getting hard for me to stand here. I hadn't seen David in years.

Never after Luka had taken me. This was my first time encountering him after years. I was going to have a panic attack. My lungs tightened refusing to let air pass through.

"Liya," Chase nudged my arm lightly.

"I need to use the restroom," I panted with fear and left without another word.

No, no. I shouldn't have left. David would follow me. I had rushed my body in the bathroom as fast as I could and locked the door. My hands were shaking and my body started to quiver.

After minutes, after what seemed like a long enough time I had slowly unlocked the bathroom door and peeped out. No one was there. I slowly stepped out and walked away. My brain was still in slight shock and instability. I couldn't go back there.

There was room right before the hall where the masquerade was. It was unlocked but it hadn't been used. The furniture had cloth over it but there was an open window. Fresh air. A light sound of steps reached my ears and my body froze. David... my chest ravened again with fear. My eyes were wide open, refusing to fill in with tears.

'No one can do anything to you, without your permission. You belong to yourself only', Luka's first words echoed in my head when I had told him everything.

They were getting closer and closer. The pair of arms had snaked around my waist and my body had immediately relaxed. It wasn't David. David had never held so much warmth in his arms but Chase did.

The smell of his breath, light wood was circulating around my nose as he held me close. In this moment I couldn't think about David even if I tried to. I couldn't think about the hatred I had for him either.

"Strawberry," he softly called for me.

"Hm," I responded holding my hands at his that were locked over my belly button.