𝐂𝐡. 𝟔𝟎 | 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥

Liya

Walking into the agency today was much more unusual than it should have been because I had everyone congratulating me with bouquets and a bunch of media channels waiting outside the agency who were ready to jump onto me. Have I made another great remark with one of my photoshoots or was this some sort of prank?

"Liya how do you feel about your private engagement with Mr Ruel coming out?" one questions rushing into the agency.

My eyes widen and my body swings back to pay attention to their words. Engagement. Just to make sure, I looked at my left hand and there wasn't a damn ring on this finger. So what engagement were they talking about?

"Do you think you'd be able to continue your modelling career after having your child?" another brings in, freezing my body.

Ellah calls in the security guards who take them out of the agency whilst I process the news. How... how did they know? I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant. What the actual fuck was happening? Horrifying looks from everyone in the room were hitting me because I didn't seem too happy about it.

"Thank you," I grinned forcefully and made my way up to my makeup room with these flowers.

At the same time, I unlocked my phone and scrolled through all of my socials only to find Chase sharing a tweet all over his pages.

'I am happy to announce that me and Liya Dalton have decided to reveal our private engagement of four months and are also expecting. We would appreciate as much privacy as possible, considering our popularity.'

Reading those words unsettled me. I hadn't told Chase. I did this on purpose because I thought I could get away from him. Right now I desperately wanted to know what could have given it away to him.

Entering into my makeup room, the pretty face stands in the middle in a navy blue suit. Hands in his pockets and a mad look. Instantly turning back to the exit, he gives out a scolding and cold call of my name.

"Liya. Get in here right now," the command scared me.

Mushing my lips together, I closed the door behind me and slowly took my time approaching him. Oh, he was furiously mad at me. I chewed my inner lip corner and he noticed. This could be a great time to act like he is at fault for making that tweet without consulting with me but maybe I should not act like a moron for once.

To speed up the process, he started taking steps towards me. As a reaction, mine started going backwards until I hit a hard cold wall. Hard goosebumps rise on my skin.

"Why didn't you tell me?" the vague question hit my face like a slap.

"I didn't know," I softly spoke lying about it.

"Oh yes you did, Strawberry. Don't even try lying about it," his voice deepens.

I stole my gaze away from him. Everything was perfect between us and I was going to tell him. His hand cuffs my chin hard to make me face him which strains my body against his. What happened next was uncalled for.

He picks me up and my legs wrap around him. Hugging him like a baby, he walks us over to the bed, taking a seat. His arms wrap around me as if they were waiting to give me closure against his dark and misty attitude. Which softened me and relaxed me.

I was going to have to tell him about it one day. After that night, I thought he'd avoid me and we'd have a business or compromising relationship. I didn't take the pill he brought me. Not that day and neither the days after that.

"I wanted a part of you with me, that I could call my own," I lift my head off his chest, now facing him.

"You have me," he blinked convincingly.

"I didn't think I'd have you after that night. That night was my weapon to escaping you and your words," my voice expressed with a little shake.

"Yet you still want me even after you've escaped me," his eyebrow jerked in question.

His hand reached to cuff one side of my face and slowly flicked my earlobe with his thumb. This was causing him to be nervous too.

"Nobody could take this part of you away from me. I would've fought to keep it," the oath blurted out clean.

His eyes winced with some sort of disturbance. I knew what he was thinking. But I still had a fear of being alone. Of him suddenly leaving me.

"Nobody could take me away from you too, Liya. Not even me," he promised, locking both our hands together sweetly.

"Your words can," I softly spoke having him recall that night. "I was doubting you the way you're doubting me right now, Strawberry," his tongue clicked between his words.

My arms snaked around him for a warm cuddle. He hugged me back so tightly too.

"I was mad at you first. Jenavive was the one who called me, threatening to reveal your pregnancy when you fainted before coming home from work the other night," I recalled that night.

But I didn't remember Jenavive being there. I was never told who helped me to my makeup room after I fainted. I was practically left alone in the room. There wasn't a doctor either.

"What if you had fainted somewhere else? Somewhere where it would've taken me more than long enough to find the both of you?" his voice saddened with care.

A weird heartburn caused a flush of tears in my eyes. My body was heated with anxiety even if it was against Chase's. He lifted my face into both his hands and wiped my tears.

"I wanted to tell you. I wanted you to know first," I confessed.

"Then why didn't you?" he asked.

"I was scared you wouldn't want it. You have never been fazed by the idea of children," the disappointment came across his face clearly.

"Everything is different with you. I want everything with you. I want the sunsets and sunrises, the rain and the snow, the dances the singing. Even the kids and the marriage," he beautifully worded.

Chase brought out a box from the pocket of his pants and opened it between us. It was an oval diamond ring with a huge stone circulated with a band also made of smaller diamonds. Unique, just like how I'd love it.

"I must be really stupid to think I could've escaped you with this child," my nose scrunches as he slides it down my ring finger without even asking if I wanted to marry him.

"Really beautifully stupid," he chuckled.

"Now the world knows you're mine. Let it also know that no one can touch you," Chase proudly owned me.

"You don't own me, Mr. CEO," I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I do. Once my name comes after yours, I will," he rolls me onto the bed, both of us cuddling now.

"I don't think I mind that at all," I smiled lightly.

There was a moment of silence before Chase spoke again.

"Are you happy about your pregnancy?" he questioned thinking I was sort of pressured.

"I am. I can never be full of you Chase. I'll always need more and more," the response worded itself according to my feelings.

"I am pretty sure you're full of me most of the time, but whatever you say, my sweet Strawberry," he smiles against my lips and places a light kiss.

My sweet Strawberry. My sweet darling...

Don't forget to vote 🥀