𝐂𝐡. 𝟒𝟏 | 𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐳𝐞𝐥

Liya

I had woken up before Chase. The view of the ceiling made me feel like my body was still chained to that bed and that David or one of his sons could walk in through the door any moment and rape me.

The bruises were numb but still pained. Especially the ones on my stomach. My head slides to the side to find Chase uncomfortable sleeping on the couch.

It hits me that he hasn't slept properly for a few nights along with me since he's been taking care of me. Thinking of it makes me so anxious that my nail scratches against my skin.

Whilst the rest of my body lays there paralysed as if it's still chained. In my head, I was telling myself to move, get up and go to the bathroom. But I couldn't. The fear was still in my body that if I moved an inch, he'd know. And I'll be punished horrendously.

A few hours passed with me going to war with my mind and body. Nothing seemed to align. The refusal hurt me and then took me back years ago when Luka had taken me.

*YEARS AGO*

"It hurts, to move," I spoke so softly, afraid to raise my voice.

"It doesn't hurt. You have scared your body," Luka spoke so sweetly to me.

No one had ever spoken so sweetly with me. Especially when I looked like a filthy mess covered in multiple ejaculations from different men, head to toe.

"Look around you," he instructs, doing exactly what he told me to do.

My eyes looked around his room with him.

"Right now, you're in my house. Outside my house I have bodyguards. No one can dare to step near us," he let me know to secure my heart which it did.

"You're telling me the truth, right?" I softly asked, thinking he was lying to me.

"I promise, I am," his eyes slowly blinked.

"I know what has happened to you. I also promise that I will not be touching you until you allow me to," Luka's eyes beautifully captured my eyes just like his words did.

"Is it because you think I am filthy?" I questioned with a few tears in my eyes because I lay on his bed, covered in filth.

"No. Because I don't want you to think I am going to hurt you. I want to help you," he smiled softly with so much purity that my heart instantly warmed up to him.

*BACK TO PRESENT*

Tears fill my eyes, recalling our first memory together. The warmth, closure it all had come back to my heart and body. I was eased with his memory. I recalled his words and exact sparks.

He had somehow become the subject I unintentionally memorized. I could remember everything he had ever said since we'd met. The way he's scolded me, adored me, comforted me. Everything.

"You're up?" Chase's sleepy voice broke my thoughts.

His hand came forward to wipe the tear at the corner of my eye. It had dissolved against his thumb so easily. I blinked away the tears that had been on their way.

"It's meal day today," he reminded.

I quietly nodded yes. The desperation on his face to hear my voice was so visible but I didn't want to talk.

"Let's get you freshened," he smiled to give himself and me, both the courage to move forward with our day.

He got off the bed and stood there, waiting for me to get out but my body was so numb and feared that it didn't move. My chest rose up and down with stress, not wanting to be so embarrassed in front of him.