𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟑 | 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

Chase

My eyes pinched drastically at the small painful screeches of her voice. It was around one in the morning. My body shifts to view her and drastically fills with worry. Her body moved restlessly under her blanket.

"Stop," her voice slowly and softly whispers as if she's scared someone might hurt her if they hear her.

I get up and get close to her restless body which shivers with immense pain. She was having a nightmare.

"Michael, it hurts," she cries under her eyes grabbing my attention.

Michael. The Michael at the reception. How did she know him? Did she know Anna too? They were both in the meeting I had yesterday and shared business on the project that was to come. I went to un-cuff her hands against the headboard, and she instantly wrapped her arms around me like a little kid.

"Shh," I softly hushed taking her to safety with my warmth.

"Luka, he's going to hurt me," her body shook with fear against mine.

"To hell will anyone go if they hurt you, Strawberry," I spoke with anger at the sound of hearing her talk about someone hurting her.

"Don't leave me. Please don't leave me, Luka," a tear rolled out from the corner of her eye.

My body exhales a sigh, a sigh of giving up. Luka. Of course, she'll be calling for him for closure in her nightmares.

I laid her against the mattress, and she squeezed her little body against my huge one. It took her a while to exhale the shivers her body was going through.

But I stayed up all night, caressing her body with warmth and safety at my fingertips, wondering why Michael would hurt her. I did know that if anyone did try to hurt her, they wouldn't make out it alive.

My gaze looks down to Liya. She was having a disturbed sleep. Slowly, looking at the ceiling, I hadn't realised when I had fallen asleep.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

My body moved around the sheets and soon realised that she wasn't in my arms anymore. I forced my eyes open but wanted to drift back off to sleep.

She sat against the mattress with her phone that was on low volume. I shift my body off the mattress to see her comfortably eating a bowl of strawberries.

Her face looked so dull and disturbed. Light eye bags circled under her eyes but it didn't take her beauty away. I wanted to take her in my arms as if she were my teddy bear and cuddle her back to a calm and peaceful sleep.

Exactly like she needed. But I guess she'd prefer Luka instead of me. She looked up at me as I walked around her.

"Strawberry, eating strawberries," I muttered with a smile because she looked so cute.

Her nightdress was so short it didn't even make it halfway down her thighs. But the colour of red in the bowl made her look aesthetically pleasing. Her open hair was calling for my fingertips to stroke each strand impulsively.

I had gone in and freshened myself, coming out to find her still eating those strawberries. My eyes glared at her through the mirror as I brushed my hair back from my face.

"Do you want one?" she offered in a soft voice.

"Yes," I spoke without any happy movement on my lips, turning my body to her real existence.

She halves the strawberry she holds between her fingertips and brings me it. My eyes twitch left and right, staring at the half strawberry.

"I want a full one," I tell taking one out of the bowl.