𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟒 | 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

Liya

The water pooled under our feet as we stared into each other's eyes. My body had relaxed in his warmth but it felt so numb.

"How do you know him?" he asked in a possessive but comforting tone.

I knew I couldn't escape out of this without an answer and he would go to any limits to find out.

"He's my ex-boyfriend," I told which brought him to a surprise.

"And Anna?" he proceeded further.

The feeling of a healed scar getting opened again hit me. My heart ached hard.

"She was my best friend," I softly spoke, holding the pain that was travelling through my body swiftly.

He could see my eyes filling with tears again and refused to ask anything further. It's like he had figured out that they both had done injustice to me.

He could nearly go back outside and not take peace until killing both of them with his bare hands. Instead, Chase wrapped his arm around my body and hugged me so warmly.

"You're going to be the death of so many people," he spoke like it was a warning or hint.

He didn't deprive me of his comfort until he felt my body came back to its stability. I was left for a shower whilst he had already taken out clothes for me from the suitcase. He had ordered breakfast in the room for us but I was more worried about Michael. Chase would have to make a trip to the jail because I am sure he'll need another hand and face.

"Come here, Strawberry," he pointed towards his lap.

I obeyed and walked over to him. He places my body onto his lap, with me facing sideways. He makes a toast for me with honey and hands it over to me.

Then he caresses my thigh lightly, watching me eat. I was a bit anxious to do so, but I knew he wanted to have a serious conversation. His fingers brush through my hair lightly, untangling the wet curls. So gentle that it makes me wish things had been different between us.

He handed me the glass of water after I finished my toast and it honestly made me feel so better. Having my stomach full.

"Strawberry," he calls out making me look at his worried expression.

"I could hold this conversation but if I do your ego will come in the way. Tell me everything, now," he demanded.

I took a few sighs and blinks. He had some patience to wait for me to start.

"Michael was my boyfriend during college. Anna was my best friend," I started looking back to that time.

"Things with my family were never great because I had lost my parents," I spoke looking out into the thin air.

"Between all that, my own best friend was hooking up with my boyfriend," I broadly told, excluding facts.

"Mhm," he hummed wincing his eyes.

My lips closed together and I took another deep breath, looking at him. He knew I wasn't going to say another word.

I wasn't ready to tell Chase about everything that had happened to me. It barely sits right with me that Luka knows.

My mind always fears that whatever Luka does is out of sympathy rather than love. It fears that if me and Luka were ever together, if we had a physical relationship, an intimate one he'd imagine all the horrendous things on my body.

I don't want Chase to imagine these horrendous things on my body. It's so selfish of me but this affectionate closure is what I have been greedy for.

I am so wrong for switching between the two and it's driving me insane because it was never in my morals to ever do something like this. And I am far driven away from stopping myself.