𝐂𝐡. 𝟐𝟑 | 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

Liya

"Yes, yes I will," I responded to his sweet, charming words.

My heart fluttered as I gave my hand to his. This felt like a fairy tale. Having Luka walk me down this path into a mowed circle felt so unreal. He reaches to turn the CD player on, an album which was my favourite. Speak Now. And the song was Enchanted.

It was the perfect song. Luka places his hand on my waist with the other locked in mine, held high in the air. The song started playing and our feet moved left to right in sync.

"All of this is like a dream," I commented.

"I know. But I was enchanted to meet you Liya," Luka smiled giving the song reference.

That brought my lips to a shy smile too which Luka loved. Both our mouths sing the lyrics out loud, knowing every lyric word by word. With the singing, we also performed a romantic dance.

He had spun me a few times before my hands collapsed on his shoulders and both of his on my waist. This was at the end of the song where it felt like I was flying in the heavens like a fairy. We were so mesmerised by each other that we hadn't realised when the song had come to an end.

We only realised when my eyes caught the glimpse of another being at the front of the garden. Chase. My smile scrunched itself seeing his angry expression.

In his hand, was my lipstick and he had it clenched in his fist tightly. Luka had noticed I was looking away from him and found Chase standing there too.

"Chase, what are you doing here?" Luka asked, freeing me.

I tucked my hair behind my ear nervously because seeing Chase glare at me like he would fucking kill me right now on the stop was not terrifying but a warning to a disaster.

"I had come back to get my shirt," he glared right into my eyes.

"You expected me to wash it and have it dried today?" I questioned awkwardly.

"Just give it back to me and I'll wash it myself, Liya. I don't have all day to wait around for you to wash it for me," he angrily spoke in a rude tone.

"Watch it, Chase. It's just a shirt," Luka broadened his shoulders and spoke in a high tone, appalled by the way Chase was speaking to me.

"It's fine Luka. I'll get him the shirt," I told avoiding any argument.

Luka stayed down and Chase followed behind. The door clicked, meaning he had locked it. My pulse increased with anxiety and fear. I refused to face him so he grabbed me by the arm to have me face him.

"Why are you doing this to me, Liya?" he questioned with frustration.

"I'm not doing anything, Chase," I unwillingly spoke those words.

I was so lost in dancing with Luka that it nearly made me forget about what I had started with Chase. He rushed me against the wall, having his body pressed against mine with the slight scent of alcohol to show that he was drunk. His hand cuffed one side of my face and he slowly brushed my earlobe.

"Luka's waiting for us downstairs," I spoke but that didn't stop him from crashing his lips onto mine.

The shameless and confused in me couldn't resist him off me too. Until I finally got the courage to push him away from me.

"Stop," I softly spoke to which he listened.

My body was free of his presence, and he simply just grabbed his shirt and left my room. I stood there against the wall wanting to tear up. Everything with Luka felt unreal but not as unreal as everything with Chase felt. And that was fucking me up so bad.