𝐂𝐡. 𝟑 | 𝐂𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭

Luka

I was in my hotel room walking back and forth, calling Chase and Liya back-to-back but there was no response. My calls always reached voicemail, which frustrated me. I called my worker and that's when I found out Liya was rushed to the hospital. She had collapsed on the floor of her bathroom.

I grab my suitcase and checkout of the hotel even though I had another shoot tomorrow. One phone call and it was cancelled. Gladly there was a flight tonight that could get me there by tomorrow morning. I knew this was going to happen.

She won't take care of herself and probably kept distance from Chase. All the way I prayed for her health; God knows what had happened. I ran to the reception and asked for Liya when the doctor standing beside me decided to start a conversation. "Are you with Liya Dalton?" he asked.

"Yes I am, I am her friend," I spoke impatiently, just wanting to see her.

"The guy that was with her last night," he spoke with worry.

Chase, he must be talking about Chase.

"Look Mr. Kelp, our hospital has rules and regulations. He was drunk and risked the lives of three people by driving her here. Then he decided to put up a fight with our doctor's team," he informed.

He drove her here? My fist clenched hard beside me. The doctor led me down the hall to Liya's ward where I saw Chase sitting on the bench. He instantly got up when he saw me. I ignored him and walked into the ward with the doctor.

"She was brought just in time. Liya had caught hypothermia and it could have been critical if you had waited longer," he informed.

"Thank you," I nodded looking at Liya covered in many layers that were keeping her warm.

Chase walks into the ward afterwards.

"I don't know what happened to her," he murmured, half sober.

"Chase just get out of here right now! I trusted you to take care of her for three days and I'm here a day early from my trip," I scolded looking at her pale face. "Luka I-" he tries to justify.

"And you drove her here even though you were drunk. You risked her life! Chase every single fucking time, you do something stupid related to Liya which makes me want to stand you less," I said with aggression.

He could barely keep his eyes open and he probably couldn't understand half the words I was saying. Without a response, he turned away and left her ward. I looked back to Liya and sat down next to her. I held her slightly cold hand from under her blanket.

"Liya, just wake up please," I begged painfully.

I touched her forehead softly, watching her lay there peacefully. I wondered if she ate anything. She probably hasn't. She's not the one to take care of her diet. Actually, I have never seen someone so careless when it comes to their health. A few hours go by and Liya starts to move.

"Chase," she murmurs.

"Luka, Liya. It's me Luka," I spoke placing my palm over her head.

She slowly gained conscience and stared at me, thinking this wasn't real.

"You weren't supposed to come back until tomorrow," she said weakly.

"I couldn't stand another minute away from you, when Mira told me you were in the hospital," I told.

She relaxed back onto the pillow and sighed bit by bit. She didn't want to talk and that was fine. The doctor had also come in on his round and was happy to see Liya awake.