𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟐 | 𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

Liya

I was leaving for Dubai this morning for a brand shoot collaboration with a few other internationally famous models. This was really exciting as some were models I looked up to and they were gorgeous.

The only issue was that we were given accommodation until the shoot was over which is weird as they should cover for accommodation until our return back home. But, whatever. It's like arguing with the wall with these people.

"Fly safe, darling. I'll be waiting for your return," Luka places a candlelight kiss on my forehead.

Things with Luka had been so... romantic lately. I wasn't sure if I was being led on or not but I did not return back home after that night. I had stayed at Luka's as I did before. We'd both make breakfast together each morning and sometimes he'd even bring me breakfast in bed.

My feelings for him only grew stronger and anxious second by second. Even though the thought of Chase lingered around my mind and soul for a while. I hadn't seen him for weeks, but he came into my dreams.

Not every night, even though my soul offered a silent prayer each night before sleeping that it hoped to meet him in the world of dreams. But as soon as I woke up, everything was comforted by Luka's presence and smile. I would forget him for the few seconds and it felt unchaotic.

"I can't wait to come back to you too," I smiled tilting my head backwards to look up to him.

He hands me a small bag.

"I know you're going to want strawberries. Not that they don't have it on the plane but these are fresh ones," he said.

I took the small bag in my hands and reached up to my tippy toes, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek for the first time.

"Thankyou," I smile, reaching back to the earth.

I watched his cheeks fluster with red and knowing that I was the reason for it made me elevate into the clouds. He steals his shy gaze away from me for a few seconds by looking anywhere but at me. Then he brought it back to me.

"I am so proud of you, Liya," he spoke, taking in a gulp at my improvement with everything in general.

The void in my heart filled and my eyes nearly teared up. Never would I have thought I'd be anywhere near where I am today. Successful, healed and with Luka. It was all thanks to him for taking me into his care. I gave him a slight hug as a response to his words because I couldn't verbally utter a reasonable response.

At that exact moment, I felt half happy and half void. And I knew exactly why. The boarding for my flight was shortly called and Luka had seen me off. The excitement for this shoot was buried under the anxiety and annoyance I had been feeling.

It's like I have mentioned it a million times but it's what I've been feeling like for a very long time now. I just hoped that these two days when I am alone, I get to clear my mind.

I was specially taken to the agency by a driver and God it was beautiful. These buildings were no different than New York but it sure felt traditionally luxurious. The shops around here, the people, just everything. Especially the airport. Beautiful. The site accommodation was like a royal hotel with shops and a cafeteria provided.

I had the strawberries Luka gave me on the plane but I needed some real food. The cafeteria had offered its traditional chicken rice which was full of spices. My eyes could create an ocean, but this food was so great I totally recommend it.

With it I had a drink that was close to strawberry milkshake but just sweeter and more tasty. I even met one of the models that had arrived at the same time as me and we had a good time looking around.