𝐂𝐡. 𝟒𝟎 | 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐌𝐞𝐧

Chase

I had carried Liya's naked body back to bed, drying it off with my towel. She refused to lay on it until the sheets had been changed. So I did as she wished.

After changing the sheets, I placed her naked body on my bed. Grabbing the ointment, I slowly applied them over her wounds.

Examining the stomach bruises, it looked as if someone had deliberately grabbed and pinched so hard into it. Who were these people after her? I looked up to her face and she looked away.

Lifeless, her head laid sideways on the pillow. She was so weak it hurt. My phone rang on my table which took my attention away from her. It was the doctor. I got up with the phone to walk away but she grabbed onto my hand.

"He's going to hurt me," she gasped with fear.

"I'm right here, Strawberry. I won't let anyone even lay a finger on you," I assured taking my seat back down.

Locking my fingers with hers, I answered the call beside her.

"We have the results back from the Lab. There were four DNA found on her body," he informs which shocks me.

Four men abused her consistently for seven days. My hand goes to caress her soft cheek. Her eyes are closed and I try to figure out who could potentially be harming her.

I think back to Anna. She could know something about her past and so could Michael considering they were with her before Luka.

Luka never shared anything about Liya with me because the matter was really sensitive. Now I understand why.

I could easily trace Anna down and get the information out of her. Liya would be too triggered right now to tell me anything. I should probably arrange a psychiatrist for her.

The doctor had come for a check-up and suggested she be moved to a hospital. Liya had refused instantly, afraid of leaving this house. Even the room.

She had corned herself on the bed, away from the doctor as well. He gives me a very serious look in terms of her condition. I get up with him and walk him to the door.

"She needs critical attention. Her mental state is very interrupted," the doctor told.

"Tell me everything I need to do. I'll take care of it," I pleaded just wanting her to get better.

"Well, I'm writing some medications. She only has to take it once before sleeping with her meal," he instructed giving me the prescription.

I nodded yes and watched him leave. Then went back and sat down at the edge of the bed whilst she still stayed cornered.

"It's time to have breakfast," I spoke.

She started doing some calculations in her head silently. Her hands glide down to her stomach and feel the little fat she had which made me wince my eyes at her. This mother fucker has certainly made her insecure about her perfect body.

"I had a nutrition bar two days ago. I need to have food tomorrow so I don't gain fat on my stomach," she breathed out calculatingly.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, astounded at all the words she spoke.

She nodded yes lightly.

"Then let's eat. I'm hungry too," I added so that she would come down.

But she refused.

"Alright then. I'll eat when you eat," I stubbornly spoke which made her pout a little.

To think she would leave her stubbornness was insane of me knowing damn well she always gets her way with me.