𝐂𝐡. 𝟔𝟐 | 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧

Chase

I stood behind her at his grave, watching her silently just stare at his picture on the gravestone whilst she ran her finger it along the marble, wanting to break it so she can go six feet down and hug his bones.

My son had already been here a few times. I also knew Liya came here secretly too so that I wouldn't be jealous. We've been married for eight months and I thought this whole marriage thing would bring her closer to me and away from his memories. But it didn't.

She would be looking at the brightest star in the sky and sometimes even wearing his shirt around the house when I was away on my business trips. I knew she was disturbed today because he had come in her dream. She physically seemed distant every time Luka came in her dreams and that made me hurt in madness.

The path I had taken a year ago was solid for me now. There was no room for guilt after... after I saw Luka standing outside the guest room of his house that evening, after their shoot. After I purposely made Liya confess her affection for me which had no mention of Luka so he'd back away and let me have her.

I felt his heart and soul break around my thrusts in her but I kept going. I kept it going and made her scream my name louder each time for him to hear. The only regret I had to this day was the ring. Somehow my heart had softened suddenly when I personally came to his grave without Liya and dove back into us. Us before Liya.

I was guilty of doing what I did and took the ring he had chosen for her and then proposed to her with it so she could at least have something he had planned for their future together.

Now every time I look at it I want to burn it and break it. It reminds me of him loving her and her loving him the way he loved her. There could never have been a greater betrayal after making him watch us until I had agreed to make love to her every night in his room.

In the room where he had planned to have a family with her, I made a family of ours. Just so she could lose those memories of them. His last fight with me wouldn't have been the way it was if he had known Liya had feelings for me.

He would've moved out of the way like he did. Suicide wasn't on the list. Rethinking his mad love, I don't think he could've taken seeing her happy with me. So he left.

I knew everything from the beginning and it's the only darkness I keep Liya in. Knowing that if she ever found out, she would instantly hate me and leave me. She's hated me passionately once, she'd do it again for free for the sake of Luka.

"Let's go," Liya's voice breaks me out of my glaring thoughts.

I smiled lightly and didn't even bother taking a look at Luka's grave once. Instead, I take my son in my arms and hold him there. He had my eyes but Liya's hair.

I hoped she would have a girl. I wanted a mini Liya with green eyes and black hair like mine. A mix of us with a huge attitude and a ton of cuteness.

Well, we could obviously work on that. Or maybe not. When we got home, Liya rushed to the bathroom vomiting. She was already having signs of pregnancy.

"It's positive," she smiles breaking the news to me.

"I have never seen someone be so happy at getting pregnant weeks after their first delivery," I chanted taking her in my arms.

Luka was sleeping on the bed so I had time on my hands. Lifting her onto the counter, I kissed her lips slowly.

"Congratulations, Strawberry. You're going to be a mother again," I congratulated happy that this time there might be a girl.