𝐂𝐡. 𝟏𝟏 | 𝐘𝐞𝐬

Liya

It's been a day since Luka found out about the shoot between me and Chase and nothing seems to get better as it's only getting more attention. I was sitting in the living room with a cup of coffee in my hand and so was Luka. We had planned a little movie night before Chase rudely interrupted us.

"They're so fast on publishing your face," he commented walking in with the New York Times latest magazine.

He throws it on the coffee table where Luka and Jenavive's latest shoot in New Jersey appears half sided against mine and Chase's. Luka looks towards her with a bright smile and she looks at him with a bright face.

As if she's in love with him and God they look so perfect next to each other. Perfect compared to me and Luka. I sigh and lean back onto the couch.

"I can't believe you're already making it on the cover page with me," Luka taunts sarcastically in a challenging way.

"That's what I'm saying. Cut the girls out and let's have a shoot together. Naked," Chase expresses cheekily.

"Oh stop it," Luka girlishly flings his hand and pretends to blush.

"The bromance will hit more views than me and Liya," Chase pointed out as if he was serious about doing an underwear promotion with Luka.

"I think you're onto something. I'll give Ellah a call tonight and we must consider this. New York's handsome face and New York's youngest most dashing billionaire," Luka expresses spreading his hands in the air in a banner motion to signal a headline.

"The best headline I have ever heard," Chase agreed.

I felt invisible for a while between their bromance.

"Hello," I wave my hand in Luka's direction to let him know I'm here.

"I'm sorry Liya. We don't mean to take your shine away, but this is a good idea," Luka laughs grabbing a cushion off couch and throwing it at him.

I smile looking at them. They're having a cute little pillow fight. It reminds me of my uncle's sons. They would often argue like this as well but this fight was playful, not toxic. I grab the magazine off the coffee table whilst Luka heads back to the kitchen to place our cups in the dishwasher. Mira was gone home. It's late night.

"I'm surprised to see you here sober," I speak flicking through the magazine.

"I'm not," Chase spoke.

I look up from the magazine to his face. His eyes look drowsy meaning he's had a little to drink but not too much. He's still in his senses. I look back into the magazine and flick through it when my eyes widen at the weekly gossip.

'Former Ruel CEO found with another mistress – not even 2 days after the last scandal'.

I look up to Chase who just stares at me. Be normal Liya. You don't have to overreact. I look back into the magazine again and turn the page.

"I already read it," he spoke letting me know.

"Read what?" Luka asks coming back.

"The joke of the week," I lie closing the magazine and pushing it behind my back.

"Wow, there are other things making you laugh," Luka jealously fell onto the couch acting heartbroken.

"Oh come on, you're so dramatic. I didn't laugh it wasn't even that funny," I winced.

"And let's get back to the movie," I commanded avoiding further discussion.

Both, Chase and Luka turned their heads to the screen in sync and watched the movie. The Fault in our Stars. That's the movie we were watching. To think I'd be focused on such an interesting movie was an understatement because I wasn't.