𝐂𝐡. 𝟏𝟗 | 𝐃𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐤

Chase

I need a fucking drink. Otherwise, this girl is going to drive me insane. Ever since I reached home I cannot focus. I cannot sit in one spot.

All I want to do is crash my lips on hers again and taste her lips all night long. Just have her hands locked in mine whilst I just kiss her and take the taste of sweet strawberry out of that pretty mouth.

I grab my keys and head down to a local club. Maybe I'd even find myself a satisfaction tonight but as soon as I walked in through the doors of the club she comes to my sight. A light marble designed green and brown dress hugging her body.

It didn't even fall halfway down her thighs which explained why the guys around her were drooling. Her gaze finds me too and relief enters onto her face. It is strange to find Liya in a club. Considering her strong morals that are against the consumption of alcohol, drugs and even smoking.

"What a surprise?" I raised my eyebrows, pin pointing a sarcastic yet annoyed glare at her.

"I know," she sighs under her breath but then looks away from me with her attitude.

That's when Jenavive approaches her with a few of the other models working in the agency. Fuck me, Jenavive is going to create trouble for Liya.

"Hey Chase, what are you doing here?" she batted her eyes in a quirky voice, running her hand along my shoulder like she always did.

Liya looked over and gagged fakingly. For the first time she's ever given such a reaction. Was she jealous?

"Hey Jenavive," I flirtingly spoke her name.

"Just here for drinks. But my Lord you look so sexy," I complimented taking her hand in the air and giving her a spin.

Liya was shocked. She scoffs to the side, folding her arms across her chest and walking away from us. Interesting.

"Why don't you join us?" Jenavive offered.

"I'll pass. I wouldn't want to interrupt girls night. I'll see you around though," I smiled walking away from her.

I headed down to the drinks and took my seat amongst other VIP males. Most were businessmen which knew my father. Considering I was the sole heir to a huge fortune, everyone's eyes were on me. I had chuck down a glass of Vodka. Liya was only a few metres away from me.

The waiter had prepared a tray of drinks for the table with one being a non-alcoholic one. I assumed that one was for Liya. Though, I watch as Jenavive switches drinks and Liya picks up the alcoholic one since they look the same.

My left eyebrow nudges against my eye as she washes her throat with the liquid. Her eyes squint hard out of disgust. I nearly chuckled because she looked like a baby disgusted. She takes another one at the hands of Jenavive. Then a third, fourth in fifth in the next hour.

I see them leave their table after their drinks and come onto the floor. My body shifts over the chair to look at Liya who can't even stand straight on her heels but manages to stand there.

All the other girls disperse with males shortly and when one approaches her, she ignores him and turns away until her gaze meets my existence again tonight. Her eyes squint and her head tilts.

Man spread, a smirk comes over my face with the lock I add to both our eyes. She roughly walks through the crowd and over towards my direction, exciting me. My little sweet strawberry, come to me. Her body leant onto me, having our faces so close.

"I'm going to ruin you," the scent of Whiskey left in her warm breath.

Her hand ran along my thigh and up my chest to find my shoulder. I could hardly take a gulp feeling her touch so hot against my clothes. I'm convinced my clothes could have burnt from it.

"I want to be ruined," I whispered taking my hands to her waist and seating her onto my lap.

She threw one arm around my neck whist the other was still placed over my shoulder. I studied her face. It was the only thing I liked to study. Who would ever want to study business over her pretty face? It was impossible.

"I hate you so much Chase," she urged giving me a light drunk punch on my chest.

"I hate you so much too Strawberry," I spoke which made her pout.

"I bet you'd want Jenavive sitting on your lap right now. You'd want her hand sliding down your beautiful biceps," she continued as she slid her hand down my biceps.

"No," I responded to her absurd thought.

She sighs deeply turning her head out. She was thinking of him. She was thinking of Luka. She was missing Luka. Her head tilts onto my shoulder, burying her soft face around my neck. My skin felt her point finger glide against my shirt.

"I think you've had too much. Let's get you home, Strawberry," I say hard heartedly.

"I've told you so many times to stop calling me strawberry," she complained getting out of my neck.

"It sounds like a little girl's nickname and I'm literally an adult. It's embarrassing," Liya stress pouts.

"You won't get it," I spoke softly with a smile.

She sighs again knowing I'm not going to stop calling her strawberry. Her body lifts off my lap and I take her through the crowd and out of the club. Opening the passenger door to my car, she stumbles in.

By the time we get back to my house she's half passed out. I pick her up in my arms and take her up to my room, softly placing her on my bed. She's going to have a massive hangover tomorrow and it'll be a funny sight to see.

"My sweet nemesis," I chuckled at her forehead, brushing her hair away from her face.

I take her shoes off her feet and drag my quilt over her body to her chest. As my body turns to walk away, her hand grips onto mine.

"Luka," she murmured.

I turn to look at her face. Her eyes closed. She's in her unconscious state of mind and she's thinking of him.

"I love you," she murmured again, making my lips twitch.

Between all this, I didn't forget anything. Except, it only made me feel guilty and this guilt was also driving me crazy. I only had Luka, the one loyal person amongst many in my life. Taking his girl behind his back was a shitty idea and a shitty thing to do, even though I had my eyes on her first.

It makes sense to why Liya is in love with Luka. A girl like Liya would always fall in love with a Luka and not a Chase. Entering into my bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror, only hating myself for everything. I really couldn't get away from Liya no matter how hard I tried. That trip to Malaysia made me realise that I was the one who couldn't escape her.

If I let her escape me she can easily manage to escape from me. But I'm too selfish when it comes to Liya. I don't want her to escape me but I also don't want to think of the pain Luka will have to bear if he finds out about this. We could both easily end this right now but I can't. I need her so desperately that I might die if I don't get her. It's a privilege to even have her hate me.

As long as she's feeling something towards me I'm fed. I groan under my breath, frustrated because Luka was all I could think about right now. He loved her so much and if it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have been so confused too because I know I am fucking her mind up. And I won't stop.

Don't forget to vote 🥀