𝐂𝐡. 𝟏𝟎 | 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Luka

I landed back in New York last night and wanted to surprise Liya with the current promotions she has been receiving. Ellah told me about the upcoming Burberry shoot she's going to have.

I especially got up early to bake her favourite strawberry cake. Vanilla on the inside with pink strawberry icing. I carefully cut a strawberry in half and placed it in the corner.

Me and Liya always halved the strawberries and shared them. Even if we had a bowel full of strawberries. I had also brought her a little gift, the ruby and illusion diamond tennis bracelet from Angara.

One thing about Liya is that she absolutely loves the colour red and strawberries. It also suited her so I never complained about anything. It gave her a sense of power which I adored because it has taken her so long to gather herself and have the least confidence she has today.

For decorations, I blew up red heart balloons, she was going to love them. She was going to love everything. With all this I just hoped one day she'd love me too the way I love her.

Now it's only a while till she reaches her makeup room. And I get a warning call from Ellah that she has arrived after those restless moments.

I just wanted to see her desperately. Her gorgeous smile and fluffy personality that lightens everything up for me, my day, my soul, my eyes, my happiness.

I grab the bouquet of flowers in my hand and stand at a distance from the door so it doesn't hit me when she enters in. Though that would be extremely hilarious but I have other ways to make her laugh.

"Hey Liya," I brightly say her name with a smile which lightens her face with happiness.

"Luka!" she squeals under her breath, excited to see me.

"You were supposed to be back this evening," she spoke, surprised and shocked.

"I was in the mood to give you a surprise and congratulations for the sky-high rockets you're hitting," I swayed my head closer to hers.

Her lips mushed together with the cutest smile she could ever form. A shy smile. God, I could feel my heart racing. It could jump out of my body right now and get at her feet. I hand the bouquet of roses to her, and she took in the scent slowly.

"These are so pretty," she appreciated looking up to me from the roses.

"I've seen prettier things," I locked eyes with her.

She snatches her gaze away from mine and heads into the room where she gets an even better view of the set up. She gasps at the balloons and even the cake.

"My favourite strawberry cake," she gasps looking back to me when Ellah, Chase and a few of our other team members come in.

I guess this was an official celebration of her achievements.

"I made it," I whispered softly near her ear.

Her eyes shift to me, to stare at me flabbergasted. I love it when I make her flabbergasted and lost for words. I give the knife in her hand for her to cut the cake. Grabbing the first piece in my hand and I take it to her mouth giving her a bite of it with a bit of frosting outlining the edge of her upper lip.

"Now distribute the cake to everyone," she orders taking the piece in her hands.

"Wow. Is this how you talk to your senior?" I winced my eyes playfully.

"I think you're forgetting that I'm on the same floor as you. I'm a senior now too," she softly but playfully speaks leaning off the table.

Chase clears his throat which makes us realise that everyone in the room could hear us and we were basically openly flirting. I cut the cake up and gave a piece to everyone in their plates. The strawberry cut in half on the cake was left.