𝐂𝐡. 𝟑𝟏 | 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

Luka

Let's say Liya's birthday was not going as planned because when she blew the candles off her cake, Chase pulled the candles out and dragged her face through the icing.

At first, it was hilarious because normally I would smudge some icing on Liya's nose or cheeks. But this time Liya had taken what Chase did to heart and had slapped him right across the face.

"What the fuck! Isn't that what people do on birthdays?" he raises his voice.

"No, they don't you moron!" Liya yelled replying back to his tone.

"God, you're such a sulk sometimes," Chase goes forward with an annoyed expression.

"Enough, the both of you. At least spare the fights today," I scolded them both.

Grabbing some tissues off the table I started wiping the cream of her face.

"I want him out of here right now," she says, surprising me too with her words.

"This is my best friend's house, you can't just tell me to get out of it," he chuckles with a challenge.

"Then I'll leave," she sways her head with an egoistic attitude.

"Stop, both of you!" I cut the fight again.

They both stare at each other like they're ready to cut each other open and feed each other to the animals.

"Chase, leave," I hesitantly order.

I had a lot of things planned for Liya today. She and Chase never got along so it would be useless to have him around her today. Besides, I don't know how to end these fights between them. It's mission impossible.

"Seriously," his eyebrows raise as if he has been so offended.

"Then apologise," I give another option to which another argument starts.

He holds his ego and says he's done nothing wrong whilst Liya rejects the thought of an apology, so far from getting one out of his mouth.

In the end, Chase barged out of my house, angry and probably mad at me. Liya had rushed up to her room to get herself clean and changed for the evening. I was left to clean this horrendous mess.

"It's like dealing with two little kids," Mira laughed awkwardly.

"Honestly. When will they both grow up?" I rolled my eyes.

Once the cleaning was done I went up and got dressed in a white shirt and black pants. The shirt was untucked and half unbuttoned at the first two buttons. I hadn't planned anything formal for Liya.

Just a small, original thing. She had come down the stairs a while later in her white casual dress. The mood wreck was still on her face.

"Come on, it's alright," I comforted taking my shoulder around her.

She breathed out and nodded yes. We headed out to the car where I held the door open for her. I was the one driving us there. Liya has never ever had proper dates with anyone. Neither with her ex-boyfriend.

She's been getting comfortable with me and our physical touch was getting better. I felt relaxed knowing me touching her wouldn't scare her anymore. We arrived at our destination shortly. The beach. I had specially booked it out for tonight months ago.

I come out of the driver's seat to open her door. The view of her eyes sparkling along with the golden lights set up around the small picnic area I had set up along with the piano was glamorous.

"Luka," she breathed out, instantly walking ahead of me to the venue.

I slowly walked behind her, then beside her to the picnic mat where I had cooked her the cake again. Paired with drinks.