eureka

Rise and shine diary,

I still feel really upset and still haven't got back to anyone. Actually I got back to iehab , tash and my friend Kassidy this morning. Kassidy had wrote a massive paragraph telling me why she's upset , I really didn't feel like writing back when I myself need comforting right now but I wrote her back and reassured her.

I just think I'm very particular about who I let into my private life and I'm incredibly observant and discerning. Honestly, I see and notice everything but I keep it all to myself, I just choose not to speak up about it.
Me and iehab call all the time, we called 14x in one day two days ago, she called me yesterday morning at the crack of dawn when I was on my way to placement and she was on her way to work. We always update and call each other and she says we have similar personalities, the opposite but similar at the same time, honestly I'd marry iehab if I could lol. I mean we are a week apart so idk if it's a Taurus thing lol.

I'm sat on the train rn, oh the date is Friday 27th October 2023 at 8:16am, I'm listening to some calm music.
So this is how my day went yesterday,
I was at the bus stop in G, waiting to take the bus to Cham, and I was talking to a bunch of old people at the bus stop, honestly idk where I get my extrovert chatterbox side from. I can and will talk to ANYONE. Sometimes I wanna keep to myself especially if it's the morning but one old lady started talking to me about squirrels 😂

Placement was dead as per.
I was with a new pt who had come in for alcoholic liver disease. He had a 40% chance of dying 😬 I could tell it got to him.
I was alone in the room with him taking patient history and he opened up to me and stuff, he was like yeh I know it's my fault I drank too much and now this is what I'm paying for, he was like, I actually feel bad for those who get liver disease through no fault of their own and don't drink.
And then he says "I assume you don't drink, you're Muslim right?"

And I'm like yeah. And he's like idk how I'm gonna go cold Turkey on drinking, and I was like, you just need to tell yourself it's like a diet I guess, the same way you stopped smoking in 2004. And he said his mates all go drinking and I was like then you don't need to associate yourself with those friends then or only go out with them when you know they won't be drinking.
And he was like my wife drinks every day though. So I said you need to ask her to not drink in front of you or to cut down so she can support you so you're not tempted.

He then asked me if I've ever been tempted to drink, and I said no and I've never taken a sip of alcohol in my life.
He was like so your friends don't drink? I was like yeh my white friends do, I've been to their parties and things and have been offered it many, many times, even by their family members, jelly shots, but it's never interested me.

So I was just giving him advice, he was genuinely asking for advice too. He was like in 60s maybe , and he fully admitted it's his fault.
Listen, if someone comes to me for advice and wants to be better, even if it's for alcohol- something I hate, I'll still help them. I won't turn someone away especially when they're trying to better themselves.

I performed a physical examination on him, was cool, I percussed his abdomen and you could fully hear the fluid and where it stops and things. He had ankle odema as well.

Sometimes I'm surprised with the info I retain . When the consultant was talking to me about ascites (which is what the guy had) , I asked her about interstitial fluid.
Im sorry but I surprised myself, I can't believe I remembered what interstitial fluid is. It's not anything crazy but like, idk sometimes I forget how much I know and learn.

I ask a lot of questions on placement, only on things I'm unsure of or if it doesn't make sense to me. Sometimes I don't ask tho. I feel like I've asked too much already so I stay quiet and make a mental note to google it later lol.