Chapter 2

Okay now this was unexpected

Okay now this was unexpected. How can someone be this cruel. All he did was come home from the entire day of standing and nursing practicing. He just sat on his bed for a second closing his eyes and stretching his neck to take away the tension only for the door to be opened with a thud and Jinsung rushing to him with a furious look on his face.

"Does it look like we are here to make dinner for you huh? GET UP!" grabbing the collar of the already frail blue shirt Jungkook was yanked out of his bed and almost dragged down. Stumbling on the steps as his toes hit multiple times on the corner of the staircase, wailing in pain and pleading to let go.

He was bought down to the stairs while he saw his mother and sister on the couch intensely looking at the television while Jinsung too made his way to the one seater couch and made himself comfortable. He saw Hana looking at him with a frown on her face with an unreadable expression. Jinsung was the one taking care of the small family business now while the other two did not work and were home all day.

Jungkook had to prepare them breakfast and then leave for his college while after coming back in the evening he should make dinner and clean the entire house. He was the one who always bought groceries for the house but sometimes if the god feels bad for him, Jinsung surprisingly buys the groceries on his way back home. Nothing more.

His cheeks were wet with the tears that rolled down in pain. Both on his legs and his chest. He slowly limped his way to the dirty kitchen to see the sink filled with a mountain of dishes. The afternoon plates, bowls and pans still in it, the food all dried and stained and small flies on them. Packets of chips and flour opened on the island, stove splattered with oil and liquids from the food. He wanted to cry looking at it. His back was already paining so bad because of standing all day, now this? And making dinner and then cleaning the whole house? He wished to be rather dead right now.

Rolling up his sleeved of his blue shirt that was slightly torn by the collar which wasn't noticed by him yet, Jungkook started washing the dishes one by one, the fact that the food was all dried made it ten times more harder. 

An hour passed and the kitchen was looking tidy as ever. He eyed it warily knowing very well that it would look the entirely opposite the next day evening again. Taking out some Potato to make jeons while he put the rice in the cooker. He reheated the Deonjang jjigae from the morning and cut up some green onion kimchi placing them in small bowls. His stomach was rumbling looking at the tasty food but he wasn't allowed to eat dinner.

The only meal he had was when he would sneakily pack the pancakes or a rice ball from morning in his bag and have it while walking to his college and the few bites of lunch that his friend Hoseok shares in the nursing school. Hoseok was hellbent on bringing another lunchbox for his lovely friend but Jungkook straight up denied it. Because he knows about his friend's conditions. 

Hoseok family was never well off. They were just an average family that lived on correct budgeting and making their ends barely meet with the salary of his father. The last thing Jungkook wanted was his friend's family to suffer because his "rich family" did not allow him to eat. Even if his family was comfortable financially, he was just a servant to them.

"The dinner is ready" he mumbled coming to the living room as he heard some curses about him being late to make the dinner only to glance at the clock that said 8.30 pm. Oh yeah very "late" he thought going to his room to finish his homework of the day only to be called back by Heera.

"Hey! after our dinner today you have to mop the floors too, not just dust them. And clean all the bathrooms of our rooms and clean the dishes by night itself, I don't want to see cockroaches all over the dirty plates on the sink first thing I get up in the morning" she snarled. Jungkook was gripping the handrails of the stairs tightly not wanting to break down sobbing. He did not want to show them he was weak and helpless. He mumbled out a small yes rushing to complete the work so that he can do all the work ordered to him and sleep at least by 2.00 in the morning.

.

.

BEEP BEEP (12.00 am)

Jungkook flinched as his phone vibrated in his pocked with a loud beep noise. Keeping the broom on the floor to look what message he got only to see the social media notification sending him a birthday wish. He chuckled dryly, he never realized it was today. It was the same story ever year. So lost and drowning in sadness and tiredness that his only special day flies over his head. 

He still remembers how his mother used to buy a chocolate cupcake for his birthday and lights a big candle that was already in their home beside it to blow it off. Little Kookie was content and happy, even if they were hungry half of the day, even if their clothes were a bit torn. Even if their bed was cold and hard, at least his mother loved and cared for him.

"Boy!! come here, how many times should I tell you to keep the water ready in the bedroom for us to sleep?" he heard Heera shouting from her room. Jungkook quickly wiped his hands running to the kitchen to fill three bottles with water and keep it in their own bedrooms.

*whispering*
"Mom, I was thinking...should we keep him here in our home itself?" Hana sounded desperate.

"What the hell Hana? That wretch breathing the same air as me makes me want to gag. Mom don't listen to this idiot" Jinsung whisper yelled.

"Stop fighting....Hana? Why did you suggest this now? Not only he is a nuisance but looking at his face just reminds me of how incapable was I to make my husband faithful. I thought he'd change after marriage. But no! he had to bring that good for nothing brat and spoil our lovely family"

"I understand that....but who will wash our clothes, make food, clean the house? There is a lot of work we make him do" even if she was reasoning it like that, there seemed to be some other intention behind her plead.

"Tsk! Idiot! We will keep a maid for that...why one? Our business is doing well we can keep two maids if we want to...mom will be happy and our works will also be done. How is that now?" Jinsung asked making Hana gave a half smile nodding her head.

Jungkook was holding three bottles tightly to his chest, eyes red from hot tears filling them up as he heard the things his so called family is talking behind his back. But what were they talking about? Weren't they already making him do everything? Where was he gonna go? Jungkook was confu-

"YOU FUCKER!!!! NOW STARTED TO OVERHEAR OUR CONVERSTATIONS TOO?" Jinsung snarled hitting him, slapping the younger hard and then kicking him.

All the poor thing saw was black as his face was hit with the heavy palms of his step brother. Bottles rolling away, one opened and spilling all the water. Before blacking out completely he felt a few kicks to his stomach and a few shouts too. That's all he remembered.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author:

I hope you guys are liking the new story<3

Anygays.....BYEEEEE<3