Chapter 45

The first thing Taehyung did after his brother and doctor went out of the room was to pull his bunny by his hand to make him sit by his side

The first thing Taehyung did after his brother and doctor went out of the room was to pull his bunny by his hand to make him sit by his side. He has missed the younger for four whole days, even if he was unconscious, still he felt the absence of the other.

He came to know that Mina had visited him "once" on the first day and then has been always excusing herself from visiting saying that she has a lot of work, well of course she would...how can she face a man who she ordered to beat to death? 

As much as he wasn't really happy about the marriage from the start, now he is really glad about how everything turned out. If not for him getting injured and hiding in a basement, he would have never met his baby sweetheart. Thinking about it now, he does not even understand how he lived before meeting Jungkook, he was just existing, breathing in and breathing out, waiting for the day to end. That is how his life was.

"H-hyungie?" a soft trembling voice caught his attention. Taehyung was staring at his boyfriend's face after all these days, it felt like years even if were just four days. Now noticing the teary eyes, his heart clenched, but was surprised when Jungkook hugged him all of a sudden, still careful of his wounds, but face hidden in his neck, snuggling and sobbing.

"I-I'm sorry I c-can't let you go...I -know that you are going to m-marry s-some el-se, b-but I c-can't let you g-go" he cried, tears flowing out and wetting the elder's neck. Jungkook was trembling in his hold, almost gasping because of shortage of air. Taehyung felt so bad seeing the other's condition. At least he was unconscious without much thoughts going on his head, he cannot imagine how much the younger must have gone through the four days.

"Baby, please look at me. Did I not say I have a lot to tell you. Love...baby stop crying...c'mon" he tried pulling back to wipe the younger's tears, but Jungkook was holding on to him for dear life, afraid that the other will go away if his hold loosens. 

"Sweetheart, I am not marrying anyone, please look at me. It's you who I will always be with, till my last breath. I can't see you cry love, listen to me, please" he tried again, Jungkook seemed to get a bit of relief hearing what Taehyung said at that moment, his heart fluttering a bit, but wasn't still able to enjoy the feeling fully considering his sorrowful state.

Still Jungkook did not leave the hold, he was hugging Taehyung, hiding his teary face by the elder's neck, feeling the long fingers run smoothly through his locks, Taehyung's heartbeats and breaths seemingly making him more calm from the shock and sadness.

The elder slowly started telling everything to his lover in his hold. How he was kidnapped, how the thugs had blindfolded him and how Mina and John had mocked him and left him to die, how he escaped and how he found the way to the younger's house. Even tho Jungkook started to cry again in the middle hearing how much the elder went through because of them, he was consoled by Taehyung, again and again. After what seemed like just a few minutes, but actually an hour passed by with just the two alone in the room. Yoongi was out of their room just so that no one enters unannounced.