Chapter 20

Frantic steps were heard around the small house

Frantic steps were heard around the small house. A week and a half since Tae was found by the trio and he was able to move himself without having to groan and sit after every five steps. His body was healing fast for someone who was surprisingly very weak when found.

Jungkook said to his hyungs the other day that he can take Tae to the town hospital after calling a taxi. So the elder couple were in the café doing their normal routine, while Jungkook promised to come there with Tae after their check up.

"Hyung! but where is my favorite shirt!" the younger whined still walking around the house in his oversized pants and a towel wrapped around his upper body. His hair was looking fluffy after drying and the sight was more funny than cute. Tae was having the time of his life laughing.

"Jungkook, it's totally fine, why don't you put another shirt? Maybe you put it for washing and forgot." he said finally making the younger huff and stand like a baby in the middle of the room pouting. 

He just nodded sadly and went inside the room and after five minutes came out looking all put together. Taehyung was sitting on the couch, looking at the other, a small smile on his lips, literally knowing what Jungkook was going to say the next moment...

"B-but my favorite purple checked shirt" he whined again stomping again making the poor man go to a fit of chuckles at the cute behavior. 

"I didn't say it to you before, but you look like a small bunny" the elder commented when Jungkook scrunched his face being whiny and angry over his forgetful brain that put the cloth he had planned to wear out to wash. But only got an even more angry pout in return.

"M'not a bunny" he mumbled as he took the bag and water bottle readying everything to go to the hospital while Tae just smiled looking at the younger. He was feeling so relaxed and cared for. Something in his mind was telling that his life before was nothing like this. Smiling and laughing like this felt like a foreign feeling to him. But everyone laughs right? Why did it feel alien to him?

"Hyung, slowly" he almost whispered as they made down the third step of the porch. Getting down the steps were quite tricky as his knees still hurt a bit. Jungkook took care that Tae was not straining any bones too much. The taxi that they called was already waiting. It was a small service of the town. The ride was filled with a comfortable silence as Tae and Jungkook sat close. 

It was a small car with quite less space, but neither of them were complaining, they weren't uncomfortable, so it wasn't a problem. Within an hour of driving into the town, they came to the parking of a fairly good hospital. The major hospitals of the city would take a lot of time to reach. This one was the best and the next option for them. It was advanced with the necessary equipment, not as big as the multispecialty hospitals, but still did its job. Also it was Jungkook's first time visiting the town hospital. He was thinking of trying to start here as an intern after he graduates.