Chapter 10

Just silent and ragged breaths was heard inside the house

Just silent and ragged breaths was heard inside the house. Jungkook was actually scared to exit his bedroom after getting up. The idea of a murderer or a thief that would be waiting to kill him right outside the bedroom door was the first thought that flashed in his mind as he got up in the morning. 

Whereas the small kitten was wiggling out of his hold to go and take a walk from the long night. But Jungkook was holding him securely. Finally the kitten hissed, not able to go down making the bunno flinch at the sound. This was the first time his kitten did that to him making him pout sadly, but panicking as he saw it running out of the room. 

"Snowball?....baby please come back!" he called out slowly walking towards the door, peeking outside trying to see any threats. But the house was empty, just the purring snowball by the couch playing with a ball that Jungkook made with paper and tape.

"I-it was actually a hallucination?" he mumbled, face scrunched to a confused look, he scratched his head letting out a sigh. His brain was not able to comprehend if its good that the dark shadow was just a hallucination, but Jungkook's heart was saying that hallucination is more terrifying than a real dangerous human.

Just then his phone rang a loud blaring tone set specifically so that he will hear it even if he is away from the device, but the small house was making it sound so loud. Quickly tumbling to the bedroom he saw that the contact was showing Hoseok.

Yah! Kookie, where are you? You missed the first period of revision. Now just one more is there and out final exam will start. Come fast,

Shit! I overslept Hobi, J-just tell the professor that I'll be there in 30 minutes yeah?

Yes, I'll tell her. Come fast. I bought breakfast for you so don't bother making any.

Thanks a lot my lovely friend!

Yah! come fast and stop being cheesy!

Jungkook giggled, immediately stripping out of his night clothes, halting a second to think whether to change his inners or not. Considering that the college will be over in the early afternoon itself because its an exam day, he just decided not to and pulled a fairly better looking Shirt and pants over him. Taking the small hand mirror from his bag and setting his hair. 

He brushed his teeth and washed his face and wiped it dry, putting on a cherry lip balm that was a free item when he bought the towels in the market. He would never even dream of buying things like that with the current situation he was in. He took his bag and college supplies, halting for a second when he saw the kitten eagerly looking at him from the couch.

"Aww baby, I don't have time at all...wait a second" saying this he opened the bag on his shoulders and took out a biscuit pack and took out four of it keeping it in the ground near the pathway to the bedroom. 

"I'll be back in a few hours okay? These biscuits are not healthy for you, but its just one time. I'm so sorry snowball. I'll get going byeee!" and the bunno skipped his way to his college. The location of his house decreased the distance to the institute making him reach there in just mere 30 - 40 minutes.

The white little thing rolled around and played for a while, purring at the softness of the sheets and the clean couch that Jungkook achieved to remove the mold and the moldy smell. A small thud sound was heard making it still. Looking at the pathway to the kitchen, but nothing was there.

It quickly made its way to the start of the staircase, hearing a small whimper. Slowly and carefully Snowball descended the steps making its way through the darkness, the basement was so dark and cold. Water leaking through some pipe making it moldy and the floor was wet too.

Meowing to get any response only to hear another ragged breath from a farther corner. Snowball immediately went towards the sound to see the hunched up figure groaning in pain. Its beady eyes taking in the blood covered hands of the shadow. Looked like it fell and scraped its hands on the rough brick wall. Might have not been a big deal for someone, but this thing was already looking undernourished and weak.

Snowball snuggled the leg of the figure trying to impart some amount of comfort, quickly running away,  the pitter patter of the paws clearly heard by the hunched up body in the basement. Snowballs soon returned with the four biscuits that Jungkook had kept for him, dropping them by the weak thing.

The surprised shadow just chuckled at the concern, pushing two of the sweet treat to the cat and taking the remaining two. But after eating the first one, Snowball pushed back the another biscuit of his back to the figure again earning  chuckle. 

Slowly caressing its head, the broken and ghastly voice boomed in the hollow basement, "Thank you Snowball"

The exam was quite a bit difficult, yes Jungkook agrees that, but the way Hoseok was describing his experience made him think if it was just his friend or did everyone find it the most difficult. 

"Hobi, don't worry dude, I know you will pass the exams. Why are you worrying this much, you literally pulled a all nighter and also attended the the revision classes this morning." Jungkook said rolling his eyes as he sipped some water from his bottle.

"Yeah OkAy ToPpEr" the dim sunshine grumbled pouting. Even if somewhere in his mind he knows he will pass with above average marks, still the lingering fear remained. I mean it was tough for him okay, you can't blame his worries!

"Hmm, oh! I almost forgot, I did not give proper food to Snowball. I get going yeah? Bye Hobi"

"Kookie, my mom invited you this Sunday for Lunch. Will you come?", Jungkook smiled nodding his head, Hoseok's mother was a wonderful woman. She would often invite him for lunches or dinner, but the later was never an option because he cannot leave his previous home at that time at all. At least for the lunches he'd say he has extra classes at college and sneak out to his friend's house. 

Walking slowly in the afternoon heat that was surprisingly present in the autumn weather, Jungkook whistled skipping his way home excited to spend a few hours with his pet before he left for the café.

 "I'm homeeee!"

"Meaowww~"

"Aww baby, there you are. Come here. Are you hungwy my angel" he babied the kitten cradling it in his arms.
"Oh! huh? what is this red thing snowball, where did you go. Are you hurt!!" Jungkook panicked in the end seeing the cat's body where slight red color was present, only to sigh and sit on the couch as his adrenalin washed out seeing that it wasn't actually hurt.

"You scared me cutie. Wait for a second, Let me mix some rice for you and then I'll clean you" Saying this he kept the cat on the couch and prepared the same menu, nice boiled and soft rice with canned tuna fish. Snowball seemed to love this because every time the cat left no grain of rice behind. Well, yeah that was the partial truth.

The kitten soon started eating while Jungkook went to his bedroom to strip out of his clothes and go to wash up as he couldn't in the morning.

"Meow~"

"Meow.....Meowww~" The kitten was making sounds standing by the staircase calling out. The thin dark figure making out its way from the dark ridden basement, slowly creeping up to the hallway. Both of them could hear the small hums from Jungkook who was in the bathroom having a nice shower while the shadow ate the remaining food left for it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author:

I said it before, I'll say it again. Fuck my workplace😭😭

Anygays.....BYEEEEE