Chapter 22

Two people were silently arranging their kitchen with small groceries that they bought from the market

Two people were silently arranging their kitchen with small groceries that they bought from the market. After the café visit, even if Jungkook insisted that he will drop the elder to their house and then go to the market to buy groceries, Tae being Tae was still stubborn saying he was fine and not tired and accompanied the younger to the market. 

But a small glare from Jungkook was enough to stop him from helping the younger to carry the bags back home. He just really wanted to help the bunno to be honest, seeing the kindness and big heart of the younger who had without any problem or suspicion helping a stranger in time of need, made him want to hide the little one in his arms from the cruel world. He is the victim of it, he hopes that Jungkook's kindness and good heart will not be taken advantage of by anyone.

"Jungkook-ah, where should I put these small tubes of chili paste?" Tae asked turning his head to see Jungkook standing on his tippy toes to put a bowl on the top rack. The usual table that he used to stand and put things on the higher shelf was now used in the living room to keep Tae's medicines, hence he was trying to keep it without the help of the table. 

Tae quickly went towards the younger, neither does he nor Jungkook knows how it happened or why it happened, as if it was the most normal thing for them, Tae's arms went behind the younger's waist, holding him firmly as he stood behind Jungkook. The younger immediately froze at the contact a shiver running all around his body as Tae quickly took the bowl from his hand and placed it on the top shelf, now looking down to see the shocked and flustered face of the younger.

As if he came back to his senses and realized their close proximity as well has the place his hands were firmly gripping, he quickly removed them, coughing and rubbing his nape in a bit of embarrassment but more flustered at what he just did. He wasn't having any ill intention, he just wanted to help, but both of them never thought it would become weirdly intimate like this.

"T-those tubes, you c-can put it in that draw h-hyung" the younger replied to the previous question of the Tae with difficulty as his heart did not seem to rest anywhere right now. Only getting a nod in return, Tae scurried to the other end taking them and putting it in the correct places. After ten minutes the groceries and other items were now back in their proper places.

" Thanks a lot hyung, now go and rest on the couch, I'll make us di-"

"Nope!"

"Huh?"

"I want to help you too"

Jungkook sighed. Today Tae was acting like a kid being all stubborn and bratty from the morning. In the hospital, in the café, in the market and now in their house. 

"Hyungieeee!" he whined stomping his foot on the kitchen floor like a kid himself. 
"Didn't I tell you to not strain your legs. Go and sit there I'll make the dinner...pleaseee!"the younger pleaded, blinking his big doe eyes. Taehyung was getting lost in the galaxy like twinkling of the big eyes of the younger, lips slightly parted. It was like he saw a new version of Jungkook in front of him. The younger does usually whine and go around about not getting his clothes or because he is hungry, but right now he looked so different, so adorable. Tae was sure that the younger was not doing it on purpose, and the younger was just naturally a baby star candy.