Chapter 25

The cold winter winds blew making the leaves rustle

The cold winter winds blew making the leaves rustle. The coldness bringing refreshment to the two tired men who were walking side by side without talking anything. If it wasn't for Jin and Namjoon staying back in the café to for checking finances its usually the four of them walking and talking all the way back to their homes.

They passed a house that was in the town. It looked just as cute as any other building in the town, their noses picking up faint smell of roses. It was so calming and surprising for them all the time. One, the smell of roses in winter, two the fact that they couldn't see any rose plant in the area.

"Bun, can you wait for me by the side of the road? I'll be right back."

Jungkook looked at him in questioning way as his body instantly listened to the elder's words, already moving itself to the side of the road to be safe while Tae just chuckled looking at the confused face.

"Wait little bunny, you'll know soon, but promise you won't follow me" he said smiling as he looked to the side to see if any vehicles were passing by before crossing the road, not that many passed through, but still just to be cautious.

Tae looked back towards the younger to see Jungkook pouting slightly as he nodded his head in agreement while Tae just disappeared to the back of the house that they see all the time while returning back from the café.

The younger just stood there, his mind playing the five minutes of slow dancing the two did together in the kitchen over and over again. It wasn't a grand ballroom. They weren't wearing riches. He wasn't a prince nor was the elder his king, but it felt to him like that. It felt so warm and intimate in a way. It felt as if they broke another thread of being strangers to each other in a way.

He wondered if it was meaningful to Tae in the same way it was to him. He wondered if the elder's heart beat erratically too, or if his finger's went cold or his cheek's flushed with warmth when they were pressed closely dancing to the slow rhythm of Christmas song.

A small shy smile was present on his lips as he remembered how the warm breath of the elder hit his neck when Tae had his head rested on his shoulders as they swayed left to right drowning in the feeling.

"JUNGKOOK!!" the said boy was startled so bad that he flinched, eyes widening at the worried look of Tae looking at him.

"Bun, I have been calling you for over a minute? What were you thinking?" Tae enquired as he cupped the younger's cheeks to comfort him, but Jungkook just blushed hard making the other's worry to increase more.

"Oh no! did standing in the cold actually give you a fever. I am so-"

"N-no hyungie. I haven't got a fever, don't worry" he chuckled really hoping that his blushing cheeks would just stop already, so he instantly changed the subject asking the other a question-

"By the way where did you go, and what's that paper cover you have?" Jungkook tried to look behind the other as Tae instantly secured it behind him so that Jungkook would not see what's inside the cover.