Chapter 29

The refreshing smell of winter showers hitting the cold roads and the soothing sounds of the raindrops on the windows were heard

The refreshing smell of winter showers hitting the cold roads and the soothing sounds of the raindrops on the windows were heard. Three men sitting on the grand living room looking solemn. They have tried their best, but it seems like they were going on a wild goose chase.

Yoongi sighed, keeping the half empty cup of tea back on the teak wood table, leaning back on the couch as he rubbed his forehead. These stress headaches seemed to be occurring a lot more in the past month for him.

"I have tried my level best for now, I don't understand where did he disappear to" Mr. Lee sighed, the fine lines deepening its way on his forehead at the frown that was present on his face.

Jimin's eyes were looking red, he was trying to be strong for his husband who was losing it as the seconds passed by not being able to find his dear brother. 

Mr. Lee was a well known man of the country. A good father, good husband for his late wife. He was respected by almost everyone. But the two men in front of him restricted their respect and love only till the old man, not any further. Especially not their daughter.

As if the devil was called, Mina's heel clicks were heard from the flight of steps. She seemed to be wearing a sparkly black dress that barely covered any of her upper body, but at least reached till the middle of her thighs. A scorn on her face as she descended the stairs mumbling something in anger not noticing the three pairs of eyes looking at her, two of them with hate and disgust, the other with fondness.

"Ah! I forgot to tell you guys. Mina is back from America after her studies. She was here just for two days in the last month before graduation. Now knowing the unfortunate news, she came back a bit early."

"Mina, don't be upset child, I know you had to be here all of a sudden leaving your friends in America, but your fiancée is more important isn't it?" The word itself threatened to let out a scorn on her face. Leaving her husband in States and coming here to find her "good for nothing" fiancée. Only if she knew the influence and power the latter had, she'd be shivering in fear thinking of what a grave mistake she has done.

"Y-yes dad. I am not upset, I just want to find Ta-....um.."

"Taehyung, his name is Taehyung" Yoongi rasped, eyes seething with anger looking at her. He did not show his distaste to the woman in front of Mr. Lee. He never knew the bad character of Mina, so he wasn't even able to oppose the marriage offer that Mr. Lee had proposed to them the last year. 

Taehyung was indifferent. He had never loved, nor did he ever think of a family or relationship. His only goal was to live up to the dreams of his late parents and hopefully make his adopted family a bit proud of his work. That's all he strived for. All the other things were second for him.

He could have denied, but seeing how excited his family got getting an marriage offer from a famous CEO, he thought maybe marrying into the family would actually make him worthy of their love.