Chapter 38

Yoongi was fidgeting, his heart beating out loud and head throbbing in pain as he waited for the laptop in front of him to start the live video footage of the dinner tonight

Yoongi was fidgeting, his heart beating out loud and head throbbing in pain as he waited for the laptop in front of him to start the live video footage of the dinner tonight. Even if the room was chill with the AC going on, even if there were tasty snacks and drinks in front of him, even if he was sitting on a comfortable couch, he was still so uncomfortable without knowing what he might discover tonight.

Jackson and Yunhee were already on their way to John's mansion where they were invited for the business dinner. Jackson had to convince Yunhee a lot to come to the bastard's house. She couldn't even believe how the latter had talked about his family and how illegally and dirty works he does to run his company, the last thing she wanted was to even show her face to beings like him, but being a good friend of Yoongi she finally agreed. Also the fact that Jackson cannot actively ask about John's wife as it may seem weird, she accepted to go.

After five minutes that seemed like hours, the application instantly opened and the video started showing the weird angled footage. Yunhee had made a small camera that can also be used as cuff links for Jackson's shirt. So the video was tilted as Jackson's hands were dropped to his side.

He started hearing the conversation, the usual greeting and hugs. The man excessively and almost in a flirting way complementing Yunhee. Yoongi chuckled thinking how angry Jackson would be looking right now wanting to punch John. 

For a long time Yoongi was just listening to their business talks and how the project will be proceeded. He was impressed to see how much Jackson had prepared for the fake project that will be dropped in the middle because of which John's company will suffer huge loss and that would be a perfect time for them to take over.

But soon his sharp hearing caught hold of the next question that Jackson asked.

"Oh John! Are you living alone here? Literally no one?" Jackson asked amusedly. One because the mansion was so huge just for one person or even two. Why? Even if a family of six or seven can live there and it would still be empty.

"Haaha! this mansion is just the ones that I use for hosting special occasions and parties. The one I live is in the center of the city along with my wife" he said smiling and it was cue for Yunhee to cling onto the wife part.

"Oh my god, you are married and you did not even introduce me to your beloved. Where is she? I would love to meet her" she said, enthusiasm dripping in her eyes making even Jackson surprised at the wonderful acting.

"I wish Mrs. Wang...but Mina is in South Korea along with her family for some personal reasons. See those photos on the shelf? That is her" he said making Yunhee to look behind her towards the shelf, a slight smirk on her face at their win. If the lady is who Yoongi thinks she is, then John and his entire reputation is going to hell.

"Wow! I'll check the photos out right after the dinner. Would have been great if she were here too. All you guys are talking about is business" she said, showing a small frown making the other two male laugh. 

"I am going to Korea soon. After we are back, we have to definitely meet again. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Wang and Mina would get along" John was smiling with glee, their bond has become so much more stronger that he anticipated he thought. Whereas Yoongi stilled the moment he heard John uttering the woman's name.

Mina

That was the only sound ringing in his ears. A Korean, right now in Korea with her family and her name is Mina. The only thing that was required to confirm all his suspicion was the face. He cannot jump into conclusions. All he had to do was wait a little more and soon the the time came.

Jackson and John were sitting on the couch with a glass of red wine while Yunhee had a glass of champagne with her. She had already excused herself saying that she would fall asleep hearing their boring business talks for which the two of them laughed and John wanting to please the couple and side with him for his future illegal and dirty works of the company, readily agreed to her roaming around and looking at the pictures and the house.    

"Oh! babe, come here and look at this. Wow, you guys are such cute couples. Is it your wedding photo" Mina asked as the two males looked at her, holding a rectangular shaped frame. Jackson was glad that Yunhee called him. As per to their plan both were going to see the pictures after dinner, but John had given him a drink and started their talks on their current business on the couch, so he wasn't able to join Yunhee. While her being the smartest immediately thought of a solution and called out to him after a few minutes to show him the wedding picture of the couple.

Jackson excused himself and went towards Yunhee taking the photo from her hands, glancing at the picture. He held it with his left hand as he ran his right hands through his hair in such a way that the cuff links were faced right on top of the picture. If anyone saw him from afar, it would only look like he was adjusting his hair. 

"John, Is this your wife Mina? She is very beautiful" Yunhee complemented while Jackson just smiled nodding. John approached them smiling as he took the picture and started saying how they had met in the college and how they married and stuff. Clearly leaving out the part where her father des not know about them being married and how she has a fiancée back in Korea.

Yoongi froze as he saw the face on the picture, eyes brimming with tears as he saw Mina's face on the person who was the bride, getting hugged by another man who was John. She was playing with all of them. He quickly downloaded the video and took screenshots of the video when her face was visible and saved them.

He felt betrayed and lost. His baby brother would have fallen into a big trap if he had married that witch who was only trying to manipulate Taehyung and his family. But one doubt still remained. Was Mr. Lee aware of all this? Was he trying to sabotage them too. He was almost sure that the man was innocent, but still his suspicions remained.

Closing the device after the couple had exited the mansion, he sighed leaning onto the couch and stretching his arms groaning. He looked to the table to see all the snacks and drinks that Jackson had told his maids to arrange for him, a small smile on his lips seeing how much his friend was doing for him. A laughter left his mouth seeing the bowl of tangerines. He remembers being obsessed with them during his college. So he took one, peeling it slowly as he waited for the couple to reach back.

There were still a few more questions, he had a bit more digging to be done and then he knew he will not stop from punishing everyone who was behind the misery of his brother and his kidnap.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author:

I am writing this chapter like after two weeks of rest. Your author went to many places in these two weeks yk<3 Love you guys<3

Anygays.....BYEEEEE<3