Chapter 13

Four people were around the table having their lunch

Four people were around the table having their lunch. Not much was there but the love that has been put into making the food was enough to fill their hunger. Hoseok's mother had again invited Jungkook for lunch at their house. Jungkook has locked himself in his house for two days and wasn't picking up the calls of his friend.

Jin and Namjoon was worried because they did not see Jungkook to their café for the second day and decided to visit him that evening. They felt so bad, almost tearing up seeing the bunno's condition. Hair disheveled, teary and droopy eyes. The whole house was a mess. He had paralysis episode for both the days continuously. The first day he saw his "demon" while the second day it was no where to be seen.

The entire day he was crying and heartbroken. He doesn't know if he was being dramatic, but the kitten was his only happiness and companion for now. All the sad past, the trauma, loneliness and the kitten being taken away took a toll on his brain and eventually led him to break down and lock up for two days straight. If it wasn't for Namjoon and Jin, he would have probably been in his house right now too.

They immediately attended Hoseok's call when they visited only to feel bad hearing the crying boy who thought something bad happened to his friend. Hoseok had no idea where Jungkook's new home was, so he wasn't able to visit either. The next day itself the sunshine came to see the dull bunny and take him to his home for lunch as instructed by his mother. It was a big work to make Jungkook get up and ready himself to be honest.

"Son? why are you not eating properly? Eat something Kook. Sarah made those Jeons especially for you" Mr. Jung said softly caressing Jungkook's hair. He too knew what all happened to the boy all these days. He was just glad that Jungkook could live on his own now without any fear. He saw Jungkook as his own son, and only if he was capable, he'd love to take in the boy as his son. 

Jungkook gave a small smile nodding his head and tried eating the remaining of the food on his plate. He was feeling so low for the past three days and wasn't having any appetite at all. But he is so thankful to his friend and hyungs who was worried for him and took care of him.

Mrs. Jung came out of the kitchen with small three bowls in her hand and distributed it to the three who were on the couch looking at the television now. Seeing the ice cream, Jungkook's eyes sparkled a bit. It was one of his favorite desserts ever. Hoseok too jumped in excitement for the icy treat. As the three gobbled up the dessert, Mr. Jung stopped eating, half of the scoop still in his bowl as he forwarded it to his wife. 

Sarah just smiled, heart fluttering in warmth seeing her husband's care. How much ever they struggled, he was still the most lovable and precious man he has ever been. From the day they came to know each other till the second, he has always been there for her and taken care of her and vice versa.

The evening soon approached and and Hoseok was whining not letting go of his friend who was chuckling at the sunshine's drama. 

"Hobi, I have to go to the café man. I can't take leave for the third day just because my hyungs are so kind you know. I'm still an employee there" he tried convincing the pouty boy while Mr. and Mrs. Jung were enjoying the show. 

"Promise me you will attend you mobile when I call!" the elder huffed extending his pinky making the bunno chuckle at his friend's cute behavior. Nodding his head and sealing the promise, they hugged. The two elders too hugged Jungkook, ruffling his hair and scolding him saying he has to visit them sometimes.

Jungkook's mood was considerably uplifted since the last three days. He was glad that Hoseok stubbornly took him for the lunch, seeing his loved ones did make him happy. He decided to go directly to the café since there was no one to attend to back in his house, the thought making him a bit sad, but he shook his head trying to remove all the sad voices and plastered a smile, the ringing of bell heard as he opened the door to the café.

"Kookie, you are back. So glad to see you bub" Namjoon chimed giving his charming dimple smile as he ruffled the soft hair of the younger. Everyone who seemed to know Jungkook were addicted to touching his hair, that thing was smooth as fuck yet he was never the one to use any expensive products. Talk about genes.

"Yeah hyung...Hobi took me for lunch and I spend some time there. To be honest I missed it. It was not the right decision to lock myself up and cry all day, just made the situation more miserable" he said smiling sheepishly, a small gasp was heard in the side as he saw Jin smiling and approaching them to greet the little one.

"Oh kook, seriously we were so worried the two days you did not come here. I'm glad you are back" he mumbled hugging the younger while Jungkook giggled.

The evening was going well. There weren't many customers today as it was just another Wednesday evening. Jin and Namjoon invited Jungkook for dinner to their house and after a bit coercing, the little one agreed. He was kinda happy that he did not have to go home and make food because he was feeling quite tired.

The trio closed the shop for the day by 7.30 pm and headed to the market to buy some meat for the night. Jin prepared delicious steak and mash potatoes with gravy. It was so delicious and Jungkook was so happy to have tried such a famous dish for the first time ever in his life.

Hearing the fact that Jungkook has never even seen some type of food or hasn't tasted them in his life at all made the couple quite disheartened. They understood how miserable his life was before and decided to invite him frequently for lunches and dinner so that they can give him experiences of different dishes in his life. Everyone deserved happiness, especially if they are someone as pure and kind as Jungkook, they thought.

Soon Jungkook was in his home snuggling on his bed trying to get comfortable.

"Good night snowball" he mumbled, a sad smile grazing his lips as he wished the kitten a peaceful night, hoping that it was living comfortable with his original family. His eyes slowly closing as the sleep engulfed his senses.

(2.30 a.m)

Shit this freaking demon is so scary for fucks sake....why is it in front of my room?

His hear rate was increasing as every second went by. The freaking nightmare was walking into his room. All these days he saw it passing by his door, the last two days he did not get any paralysis episode, but today was the first time it entered his room.

The figure slowly approached him, he could see something grey in color, like a shirt that was on the figure.
Huh! these things wear clothes too? Fuck it is getting closer. Wake up Jungkook, fucking GET UP!

"Snowball? A-are you here?" the deadly groggy voice echoed through the room sending shivers through Jungkook's spine. This voice he still remembers from that day. It felt as if someone's throat was rubbed with a sand paper, that's how much horrible it was. It was so deep and raspy, not in a good way. To be honest if he could he would gave given the demon some water.

He saw the figure standing in the same position for some time. It felt as if it moving here and there was less terrifying than it standing there and staring at him. His fingers were able to move a bit, but at the same time the black shadow started moving away from the room, going out.

After a few minutes, Jungkook was fully awake, now sitting on his bed. 

"S-should I go and check just incase?" he wondered out loud, all these days he was telling himself that the black shadow he saw was his sleep paralysis demon, but he never knew they could look this vivid. It entirely looked like a human wearing clothes.

But the cute scaredy cat just shook his head again making himself believe that it was nothing but a hallucination and just curled himself to sleep finding comfort under the thick blanket.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author:

How is the story so far? Do you guys like it?

Anygays.....BYEEEEE<3