Chapter 26

The best thing anyone could do in a cold winter day is cuddle and being strangers was not going to stop them

The best thing anyone could do in a cold winter day is cuddle and being strangers was not going to stop them. They are not strangers to each other per se, but both were strangers to the past of the elder, knowing which could change their life entirely, in a good way or a bad way.

The huge blanket covered them as the two were huddled closely exchanging their body heat. A week had already passed and each day it seemed to them as if they were breaking each thread that tied them as two people who are just acquainted.

May it be long hours of cuddles on the couch, or the fingers caressing through the smooth strands of each other's hair. It could be the small lingering kisses Tae leaves on the fluffy hair of the younger as a gesture of appreciation or thank you or the way they press their body slightly close to each other's as one cooks and the other monitors from behind. It could be any of these, but surely it was now a common occurrence of the household that had developed in the last week.

"I am so scared for the interview hyungie" Jungkook sighed as he melted in the arms of the elder who pulled him closer to himself.

"I know my bunny will be the best among the others to give the interview. You have nothing to worry about okay? Just take a deep breath and answer with all the confidence you have. If it's wrong, then its wrong. Don't worry about it and be prepared for the next question rather than worrying about something that you have finished answering for." hearing his Jungkook smiled, heart warming up at the encouragement while he nodded his head, the hair tickling the other's chin in the process only earning another small kiss on it.

The small graduation ceremony with just the students was already over on Monday of the week while Jungkook and Hoseok were among the toppers of the institute. Everyone congratulated the kids and it was a cheerful and happy day for everyone. Jin, Namjoon and Tae weren't able to go because only the parents or registered guardians were allowed in the hall for the special day.

But Hoseok's mother and father were just like his parents to him. He loved and respected them just as much. Seeing Mr. Jung happily cheering for him while Mrs. Jung wiped off her tears taking those cute graduation photos of their kids, it felt as if he wasn't alone that day without his hyungs. 

Soon after the happy day he was reminded by Jin for the interview that he had to attend in the hospital. Just a basic interview for the interns and the ones selected will work as interns in the hospital for six months and according to their performance they will be made their permanent staff or will be relived from the job.

Jungkook has been fretting over the day since Jin mentioned about it while Tae has been always by his side to reassure him.

His hyungs had noticed how considerably close the two had gotten. They were happy that Jungkook looked a lot more happier than he was before, but a small lingering worry of their unawareness of the new male's past made them to always be cautious.

It was next week, Wednesday. Jin was already in Jungkook's house with a neatly pressed shirt and pants ready for the younger to wear. The younger teared up seeing how much the elder has taken care of him since the day they met and his heart soared with love for his hyungs. Namjoon was affected with really bad cold, so Jin was taking care of him and came to deliver the clothes just at the morning.

Tae had promised to Jin to take care of the younger and cheer him up for the interview as he will be the one accompanying him. Jungkook was first reluctant to make the others make a fuss out of this small interview, but the three were acting like they were ready to cut the cake because Jungkook got a noble prize or something.

"Hyungie? will you wait for me by the entrance as I come out?" he asked wearily, legs shaking and fingers fidgeting as his heart thumped knowing that he was the next candidate that was going to be called in for the interview. Tae held his palms tightly imparting warmth making the other relax.

"I'll be right here waiting for you. Ready to hold your giggling and laughing self to tell me that you got it okay? Just so you know, whatever the result is, your hyungs and I are always here" he said leaving a kiss on the other's forehead this time. It was the first time Tae kissed his forehead and this was another thread broken.

Fifteen minutes had already passed and Tae is not sure if Jungkook who is inside giving the interview should be nervous or him who is sitting out should be the one who is nervous. His hands were clammy with the nerves peaking every second. He really wanted his bunny to pass with flying colors and come running to him happily to tell him that he made it. 

"Excuse me?" he looked up to see a beautiful young woman dressed neatly smiling at him, her cheeks were flushed a bit as her eyes shone glimmering in the bright hospital light.

"Yes? Any problem?" Tae asked to know why he was called or more like disturbed from his thoughts of Jungkook's interview.

"I-if you don't mind can I get your number please?" she asked tugging a strand of hair behind her ears, eyes hopeful that the handsome male would agree to her request, but the smile swept off her face when Tae just gave her a sympathetic smile shaking his head.

"I'm sorry. I am not looking for any type of relation right now. Hope you understand." he respectfully declined giving a tight lipped smile to her feeling bad. It is never a great feeling to be rejected by someone you have interest in. That is a universal truth. He understood how the woman must be feeling, but he can't help with that.

"Is that boy who went in for the interview your boyfriend" he asked a bit curious to know more about the male that snatched her interest but Tae again shook his head mumbling a "No, he's not" to her which made her smile come back a bit.

"W-well then why a-"

Tae sighed heavily, not really in the mood to be answering questions like this, hearing which he abruptly stopped her quite nosy question.

"Miss, him being my boyfriend is not the subject here. It is the fact that I am not interested. So please can you leave me alone?" he said, still in a calm and respectful manner eyeing the clock seeing that there were just a few minutes for the clock to finish the half an hour wait of the interview duration.

"Then c-can we be friends at least? I have been seeing you in the café for many days and I'd love to get to know you" he pressed more, holding his hands all of a sudden making Tae to get up and look at her in astonishment.

He now remembered the woman. She was a regular visitor in the café and he did not put much thought to it. But her coming to the hospital where he was there for a totally different business, which meant that she was either following him or she just happened to be in here on this day.

"Please listen to this carefully. Neither am I interested to know you who followed me to the hospital..." her face fell, as if she has been caught red handed, eyes filling with shame.
"Nor am I going to tolerate any more if you are not able to understand what I am saying." he warned not noticing the hurt and anger filled eyes looking at him from behind.

Tae just felt someone pass them with such a speed that both the woman and him looked to the direction to see who it was, eyes of the man widening in realization as he saw the soft brown hair and the pastel green shirt that he was hoping to come through the interview room door.

Quickly detaching his hands from the woman's he ran behind the figure who was taking long strides as if it wanted to run away from there, as if it did not want to get caught by the man who was behind him calling his name.

________________________________________________________________________________

Author:

Ya'll have no idea what I am going to give you in the next to next chapter...I've been waiting for this for soooo long...alkejfhqkjhqkhqv...umwah!

Anygays.....BYEEEEE<3