Chapter 9: The City of Gold

TW: Physical Abuse

Nami threw up her arms in a cheer, "GOOD GOD, THANK YOUUU!!" Zoro, Robin and (Y/N) looked at the ginger confuse before she gave a reasoning for her cheer, "I can't believe after all this suffering we've endured to find Sky Island, that it turned out to the the City of Gold!" (Y/N)'s eyes light up with berry sighs after she realized exactly what Nami stated. The ginger started thanking god for rewarding her for her 'good behavior'.

Zoro told her to shut her mouth, reminding Nami she believed the same god was going to kill her. "Call me shallow, but I don't care how scared I get as long as someone has gold waiting for me!" She smiled back at the group.

As Robin questioned her sudden praise for the god of Upper Yard, (Y/N) pulled out her vision dial and log book. The (h/c) haired woman snapped a photo of the split building before scribbling in her book. "What are you doing, (Y/N)?" Robin questioned, which made the group's attention fall on the girl's figure as she sat on the solid ground.

(Y/N) didn't look up from her book as she explained, "I'm going to record this finding, so one day I grant some sort of peace to Cricket and the Saruyama Alliance."

Robin smiled at the kind gesture, but Zoro butted in suggesting that it's cruel since they have been diving into the ocean all those years for nothing. (Y/N) looked up at him in slight disgust. "Nothing? Don't you remember those golden bells and that golden bird statue? Even if they didn't find the city they searched for, they found hope that it did exist." The woman held up the photo for the group to see. "And with this photo, they can live the rest of their days in peace."

With the photo and the drive to find the City of Gold, the group made the long journey back to the Merry. Once they arrived to the shore of the alter, they realized the ship was damaged more than when they left.

"CHOPPER!" Nami called out to the reindeer boy, "IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, ANSWER! ARE YOU THERE?!"

Zoro questioned what Chopper was doing while the group was away since the mast was completely snapped off. "Obviously Chopper was attacked! Chopper could have done that himself." The ginger resorted to the worst possible conclusion which caused (Y/N) to nearly sonic boom over to the Merry to check on the little reindeer's condition.

Nami kept yelling for the boy, apologizing they took so long, "YOU CAN COME OUT NOW! YOU'LL BE SAFE! I PROMISE!! (Y/N), please tell me he's not dead!!" The three remaining crew mates waited for a response that didn't come.

"So I guess that means that he's dead." Robin said calming as Nami yelled at the woman to think positive.

"HEY (Y/N), CHOPPER! COME OUT! CAUSE NAMI'S SCARED AND I'M TIRED!!" Zoro yelled for the two.

(Y/N) walked up as she held Chopper. She cuddled the deer boy in her arms, crocodile tears pouring out her (e/c) eyes. "H-Hi." Chopper was failing miserably to hold back his tears, "Uh... everything stayed ship shade while you were gone." He said in a quiet and shaky voice, which made (Y/N) bawl harder as she held her fellow crew mate tighter.

(Y/N) looked at the poor deer boy, "You don't have to lie to us, Chopper." She put him down softly and pulled out a handkerchief from her bag as she knelt down to Chopper's height. (Y/N) carefully whipped his tears and snot away. "Tell us what happened, we know this wasn't your fault." She consulted the boy who hugged her tightly, sobbing into her chest.

Not soon after a boat came crashing in on the shore of the sky river that surrounded the ship. Luffy cheered in excitement while Sanji called out to the three girls, hearts formed in his eyes, "I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! Sorry to keep you waiting, but I made the ordeal of love to get here!" The cook waved his arms frantically towards his crew mates.