Chapter 18: Goodbye Navarone, Hello Blue Sea!

"I can't wait to get out of here! Can you?!" Luffy shouted the question for his crew.

"Absolutely. I'm so ready for a nap after everything." (Y/N) sighed.

"Well our navigator doesn't feel the same way. Nami's not so happy." (Y/N) heard Zoro say as she walked into the main cabin.

'Where is it? Oh there it is!" (Y/N) grabbed her bag and rummage through it, but she stopped at the sounds of alarm bells from marine war ships.

"Crap. I sure I don't like the sound of that!" Usopp nervously stated making (Y/N) quickly snatched what she was looking for before running out to the back of the Merry.

"Look! Marine war ships and they're headed straight for us!" Chopper yelled at his crew mates.

"Perfect." (Y/N) said to herself as she snapped a picture with her vision dial and tucked it in her shorts.

(Y/N) and Chopper looked at the ships confused. "Hey wait it looks like they're stopping!"

"But why? There is no way they are going to let us get away so easily." (Y/N) tilted her head in confusion.

"They dropped their anchors?!" The navigator questioned aloud, leaning over the railing.

"I guess they gave up." Zoro shrugged lightly making (Y/N) yell at him for being a moron.

"It seems so." Robin replied as Usopp claimed the marines must have realized they could never catch them.

"Not you guys too. Don't be as dense as moss head, they obviously have some sort of ace up their sleeve." (Y/N) yelled at her crew mates. "But what is it..?"

"Why aren't they firing on us at least." Robin said as she looked at them from the top of the mast.

"Huh? Oh no... have they set another trap?" The long nosed nervously questioned.

"That's what's worrying me. I don't know." (Y/N) agreed with her navigator's words.

The sounds of rushing water made Nami question what was happening. Chopper pointed out the idea of a river flowing. "There's a river on this island?" Luffy asked while holding his straw hat in thought. "I didn't notice it when we were walking around!"

Robin used her devil fruit power to shine a lantern down from her position on the mast revealing the rushing water beneath the Merry. (Y/N), Nami and Chopper looked at the water in shock as Sanji called out to his navigator. "Nami, what do you see??"

The ship began to shake in response to the cook. "The rudder isn't working!!" Usopp yelled to his crew.

"The tide.." Nami's soul looked like it left her body. "It's rushing out and taking all the water! It's too late. We're trapped."

(Y/N) nearly fainted at the fear Nami's words brought her. "How the hell are we going to get out of this one?!" The (h/c) haired woman yelled out to her crew mates.

Nami went back to the main cabin to fetch the G-8 map. "Yeah I knew it!" Usopp questioned why Nami was patting herself on the back during their current situation. Sanji responded with a swift kick to the long nose's face, painfully knocking Usopp down.

(Y/N) peaked over Nami's shoulder to look at what the ginger pointed out. "I knew the marines had a reason to use a shallow bay full of reefs as a port. I wondered that the first time we timed to escape. Now I have the answer. This is a shallow bay, but they can let more water in and regulate its depth with the sea gate. However they can also use it to let water out at low tide if they need to. For instance, to shop a fleeing ship! Which makes fleeing at low tide..IMPOSSIBLE!!" The navigator angrily slammed down the map on the Merry's railing.