Chapter 78: Underwater Exploration

Everyone began to get to work preparing the Sunny for underwater departure to Fish-Man Island. Franky dove into the water and after a few seconds, (Y/N) saw the ship's coating beneath her begin to rise. "Hey. What's it doing?!" Luffy smiled at the sight as the coating lifted. Usopp quickly added into his captain's questioning. "Are we sure this is supposed to inflate?!"

"Yep! You guys are going to love this." (Y/N) smiled at her crew from ear to ear as the coating rose.

Soon enough, air filled the ship's coating making Chopper yell out. "Woah! Now our boats got a bubble roof!!"

"This is how it works!" Nami held out the paper Rayleigh gave her. "A ship that is properly coated has the ability to withstand almost any sort of pressure, but it also has very little buoyancy. The floating bag, beneath the ship, is the only thing keeping us afloat. By deflating it, the Sunny will become less buoyant and begin to sink! It's pretty simple really." (Y/N) cockily nodded her head in agreement with Nami's words since she already knew the information.

"Huh. Interesting." Luffy and Zoro stared off into the sea.

"Maybe not simple enough." Nami and (Y/N) blankly stared at the two before Nami continued. "Forget about it for now! Let's spread the sail!"

Brook and Chopper questioned their navigator about the sails before Robin explained. "We use it to catch the water current. Similar to how we would use the wind above sea level."

"I was hoping we would just sink down to Fish-Man Island. Darn." Usopp sassed making (Y/N) cross her arms at him. "I wish it was that easy, but it shouldn't be too difficult. I've met only a few sailors and pirates that came from the other side of the Grand Line, they said they're voyage wasn't too rough." (Y/N) placed her hand on her chin, thinking aloud. "Still... I wonder why there were so few."

"Perhaps the others drowned to death under the sea?" Robin calmly questioned making Usopp and Chopper scream in fear.

"Alright!" Nami yelled out to her crew. "We better hurry, unless we want to get into another fight!"

(Y/N) was working on untying the sails when she looked up to see two more marine vessels approaching. 'Damn. Looks like reinforcements are here.' (Y/N) looked over at Chopper on the other side of the sails when the reindeer yelled out for his crew, informing them about the battle ships. 'Ah, he must have saw the same thing.' (Y/N) stared up in awe at the large bird, Chopper and the others rode in on before, flew overhead the Sunny and towards the marine reinforcements. The bird tore the sails on the war ships making (Y/N) grin. Her smile didn't last for long when cannons were fired behind the Sunny. "I got it!!" Sanji yelled out before leaping though the sky and successfully kicking down the cannonball fired at the Sunny. 'I definitely could have had that, but go off, I guess.' (Y/N) shrugged and got back to work.

"NO! NOT AGAIN!!" Chopper screamed out making (Y/N) look up. She giggled when she saw Sanji falling in the air, blood spilling from his nose. 'I wonder what has him on Cloud Nine this time? Probably Nami.. yeah, definitely Nami.'

"You guys ready?!" Nami yelled up to the Zoro, Brook, Chopper and (Y/N) on the sails.

"Yeah! We're all set!" Zoro yelled back.

The Straw Hats waited in a peaceful silence for their captain's orders. Luffy stood on the foremast's bench before speaking to his crew. "Alright. Listen up, guys!!" (Y/N) smiled at her captain as he continued. "There's a lot I want to say and we don't have much time. One thing can't wait though. What you went through these past two years was selfish of me. So thanks for putting up with it."

"You make it sound like this has never happened before." Sanji sassed his captain, Usopp adding in. "That's no joke. You've always been a selfish piece of work."