Chapter 52: Triller Bark

"Hey this is strange." Nami grabbed her crew's attention making everyone look towards their navigator in confusion. "The log pose isn't reacting to this island at all."

"Nor should it." Brook spoke up with concerns lingering in his voice. "This island came all the way out from the West Blue." The Straw Hats stared at the skeleton in disbelief as he walked back into Doctor Chopper's office.

Sanji peaked his head around the door, watching Brook walk back into the dining room. "Hey, where ya going?"

"Truly, this has been a fortunate day for me. Not only was I able to meet you, now my wish has been granted as well." Brook opened up the front door it the dining room making Luffy chase after him. The rest of the Straw Hats did not hesitate to follow their captain's lead.

Once the crew reached the front door to the dinning room, the Straw Hats gasped in shock from Brook leaping across the Sunny, standing perfectly on her figurehead. "Woah. That's as high as my sky leaps." (Y/N)'s jaw dropped from the display of bones before her.

"Yes! There's no pesky flesh weighing me down! Please do not follow me. You must break through that gate behind you and escape this place. Whatever you do, you cannot drop your anchor in here! That being said, it truly was a pleasure meeting all of you today! I won't forget your kindness so long as I live!! Farewell, I hope we meet again. On the high seas!" And with the goodbye, Brook leaped off Sunny's head to the ocean below.

Panic ran across the Straw Hats since Brook is a devil fruit user, but everyone's concerns vanished when the crew saw him run across the ocean at high speeds. "How is he even doing that?!" (Y/N) felt a smile crept on her face from Brook's actions.

After Brook was far enough, Nami spoke up. "Uh.. Anyway, we should listen to him and get moving. I don't really understand the situation, but I do know this island is bad news."

Luffy turned back to his crew with a gigantic smile plastered across his face. "Huh? You guys say something?"

"HE TOTALLY WANTS TO GO!!?" (Y/N), Nami, Chopper and Usopp shouted in disbelief for their captain's purposefully ignorance.

"I had enough ghost for today, I don't need a whole island of them!" Usopp screamed to his captain.

"Wait a sec. What about that ghost we saw before, huh? Is it still here on the boat?!!" Chopper's concerns made a chill run down (Y/N)'s body.

"No. It looked like it was flying back to the island. Guess that's where that thing came from." Zoro's words made (Y/N) sigh in relief.

"Meaning, going to that ghost island is a no go for me." (Y/N) crossed her arms and shook her head at Luffy.

"Interesting. Like Brook said, the loud noise we head early..." Robin pointed at the mouth shaped gate in front of the Sunny. "Is from that gate over there closing shut. So it's not that we ran into, but that we were eaten by it. The fog makes it difficult to tell, but I imagine that the walls we see here extent all the way around the island in a circle. That means we were intentionally pulled in, and now that the gate is close, we're trapped inside."

"I see. That's why the skeleton told us to run away. It's because we're stuck inside some kind of trap." As Usopp explained his theory, (Y/N) watched Luffy run back into the dinning room. 'What is that boy planning...'

"Wait. Then that would mean the people here are capturing sailors on purpose, right?" Nami looked towards her archeologist for confirmation. "But why?"

"This is a moving, that means we're still technically out at sea. Guess we won't be able to anchor down here." Franky's words frightened both (Y/N) and Usopp.