Chapter 83: An Adventure with the Mermaid Princess

Shiraoshi carried Luffy and (Y/N) over to her bed as set them down in front of her. Luffy smiled up at the Mermaid Princess. "So? Are you gonna get ready or not? We're wasting time. Let's go!"

"Wait, uh. You want us to leave right now?" Shiraoshi spoke with nervousness in her voice. "But, I mean— This is happening so fast. I need to think."

"What's there to think about?" Luffy questioned her back.

Shiraoshi quickly replied. "Well, I've never done anything like this. So... I'm nervous." (Y/N) looked away from everyone in though. 'Geez. This is reminds me of my first time I had se—' Megalo locked eyes with her, tilting his head in confusion when blush grew on (Y/N)'s face. (Y/N) awkwardly laugh and attempt to innocently whistle away her thoughts. Megalo grew more suspicious, but his attention was stollen by Shiraoshi speaking. "I haven't been outside in so long. Can you give me a moment to decide?"

Luffy frustratedly sighed. "We're just talkin' about goin' for a walk. It's no big deal." He plopped himself down on the bed. "Sure, you can have a minute. But only a minute, 'cause I don't like you." Shiraoshi whined before sobbing. "Okay, fine! Take all the time you want, sheesh." Luffy irritated spoke as he laid back on the bed.

(Y/N) sat down, looking up at Shiraoshi. "Actually, if you could hurry up and decide, I would greatly appreciate it. I still want to check on the others sometime today."

Luffy waved (Y/N) concerns off. "Ah. They'll be fine, we both know that."

"Yeah, yeah. But you know how worried I can get." (Y/N) sighed and laid next to Luffy.

After a while of waiting for Shiraoshi's decision, Luffy sat up. "C'mon! Aren't you ready yet? Let's get going!"

"I'm sorry. I can't, though I'd like to." Shiraoshi softly spoke with sadness in her voice.

(Y/N) frowned at the mermaid as Luffy replied. "Then why not? You said there was somewhere you wanted to see, didn't you?"

Shiraoshi looked down at Luffy. "I did. But if I leave my room, it'll cause a lot of problems. And not just for me, but for everyone in the palace, too."

(Y/N) sat up with a light sigh. "Very princess like to look out for the safety of her people."

"Look, I'm not tellin' ya how to live your live," Luffy stood up, placing his hands on his hips. "...but I'd be going crazy if I was stuck in one room for ten years. I'll made sure you're safe. It's my thanks for all that food. So where do you wanna go?"

Shiraoshi gasped at the captain before lightly blushing. "Uh... Well..." She struggled to speaking making Luffy and (Y/N) stare at her in confusion. Shiraoshi placed her hand on her chin as she softly spoke. "The... The Sea.... The Sea Forest!" Shiraoshi had tears pouring from her eyes, she wiped them away as she continued. "Sorry. I suppose it's a foolish dream. I could never forgive myself for doing something so selfish. Just forget about it."

(Y/N) stood up, smiling at the mermaid. 'She's so sweet, even if she's a big crybaby.' Luffy threw his arms up in the air, yelling in frustration. "We're just standing here talking! What are you apologizing for?!"

"Because. I can't stop crying. Just saying that look all of my courage. Please! Don't get angry and start yelling at me again! If really frightening when you do that." Shiraoshi covered her eyes with her hands and began sobbing.

(Y/N) groaned in defeat. "Then stop crying." Luffy added in. "You're such a pain in the butt." A loud thud was heard behind them making (Y/N) and Luffy look back at the door. Luffy yelled out. "What the hell?! What's all that noise!" The Hard Shell Tower began to shake and cause rubble to fall from its ceiling. Luffy spoke again after seeing the destruction. "He's not throwing axes again, is he? This guys got real issues."