Chapter 38: The Road to Nico Robin

(Y/N) gasped at Spandom's words. "No way... that moron actually did it?! He triggered the Buster Call?!!" (Y/N) towards the storage room in fear. She watched as Lucci held up a mini transponder snail.

"You have to cancel it right away! Don't you realize what you've done?!" Robin's worried voice could be hear through the snail making (Y/N) flinch in fear for her friend. "Everyone is going to die!!"

"Cancel it?!" Spandom questioned the woman's words. "HA! Are you kidding?! Who do you think you're talking to? You can't boss me around! There's no reason for me to get worked up over this. Making that call was well within my power. I'm the Chief of CP-9 after all. Hehe. To ensure that your transfer goes over smoothly, I request a Buster Call! Hehehe there's not a thing wrong with that. Who cares if it's a little overkill? Better safe than sorry. It's a small price to pay to make sure those pirates get eliminated."

Robin's voice shook as she spoke. "You're a fool... I told you before! That won't be the end of it! This is an attack without mercy! Without humanity! The Buster Call with burn anything on Enel's Lobby to the ground! The people, the buildings, even the island itself! It will sacrifice anything and everything in its path. The nightmare won't end until nothing remains! That's the power you're invoking!! If you had any idea what happened in Ohara years ago, you would not be doing this!"

(Y/N) shivered at Robin's words. She knew her friend spoke with certainty. "The government is well aware of the sacrifices involved. That's how important this mission is. Since Cutty Flam burned the blueprints to Pluton, we can't afford to make a mistake. You're the last hope we have in reviving the ancient weapon. We're talking about a military power that can turn this whole era upside down! Even if we have to sacrifice a few thousand soldiers, it's better than letting you slip out of our hands again. I know the consequences, I just I don't care!! Don't think of it as murder, it's a sacrifice to protect the future... and speaking of protecting the future, my promotion is depending on this as well."

(Y/N) grinned her teeth in anger from Spandom's words. "He's insane..."

"THINK ABOUT THIS!! Human lives are at stake!" Robin yelled back at the man.

"Allow me to remind you... CP-9 can kill in the name of justice. Therefore if we think one hundred deaths are needed to save one thousand lives, we will kill those one hundred people immediately without question... For true justice, you must be merciless at times. Besides if those idiot soldiers couldn't even stop a few pirates from invading a government base of this size, they're better off dead anyway." Spandom evilly laughed for a few moments before Robin pointed out the transponder snail's line was still connected. "Huh? OH YOU GOTTA BE FREAKING KIDDING ME!! EVERYONE HEARD ALL OF THAT?! Eh... um... by the way, this is your Straw Hat Luffy speaking!"

(Y/N) scoffed at Spandom's words. "EVERYONE GET OFF THE ISLAND!! HURRY A BUSTER CALL HAS BEEN INVOKED ON ENEL'S LOBBY!! If you don't get away of here immediately, you'll die!!" Robin yelled through the snail.

"Hey! Don't tell them things they don't need to know!" (Y/N) body jolted when she heard Robin get hit before the transponder snail clicked offline.

"Robin!!" (Y/N) looked at the mini transponder snail in worry. "I need to get out of these cuffs..." (Y/N) tried to pull her hands out of the cuffs even though she knew it wouldn't work.

"Hey wait a second." Luffy stole (Y/N)'s attention making her look towards her captain. "If that was Robin talking then where is she?!"

"Right behind these doors of course." Lucci explained to the captain as he put away the mini snail.

(Y/N) watched in amazement as Luffy set out a quick right kick to Lucci's face, but Lucci was quick to block her captain's leg with his forearm. "As you seem to have surmised, you have to go through me first."