Chapter 98: Land of the Dead

(Y/N), Brook, Zoro, Sanji (Nami) and the, still missing his torso, Kin'emon continued towards the direction of the lake. The group was soon staring at a giant smile-like creature shooting out smile balls from its head. "So is it, uh, living?" Zoro questioned his group.

"I have no clue. I've never seen anything like it." Sanji (Nami) replied. Kin'emon added in. "Nor I, and I've seen plenty."

"This is such a shocking sight, my eyes might pop out of my head!" Brook calmly stated.

(Y/N) held up her index finger, innocently looking up at her skeleton crew mate. "Well they would, if you had any."

Brook's soul nearly flew from his mouth, but he pushed it back in. He squished (Y/N)'s face together, holding back his tears as he spoke. "(Y/N)... please don't steal my skull jokes. They're all I have."

(Y/N) ignored her skeleton, still looking over at the slime creature. "At least it's on the other side of the lake, right?" She spoke through her duck lips, thanks to Brook.

"Yeah." Zoro softly replied, looking over at (Y/N) and Brook before looking back up at the creature.

The giant slime blob continued shooting smaller slimes out of its head as Sanji (Nami) spoke. "Well, whatever it is, it's strange."

"And whatever it's doing is even stranger." Zoro spoke with a hint of sass.

Brook finally let go of (Y/N)'s face, fully looking up at smile creature. "Wow! It seems to have spit something high into the sky."

(Y/N) calmly watched as one of the smile balls descended towards her group. Kin'emon spoke up about the sight before the group. "And look. I believe it's headed this way, quite quickly."

(Y/N) and Zoro step out of the way as Brook, Sanji (Nami) and Kin'emon, who was still being pulled around by Sanji, quickly ran from the descending slime ball. (Y/N) calmly watched as the smile landed exactly where she once stood. Sanji (Nami) and Brook halted in their fleeing tracks when they realized they were unharmed as Kin'emon look at the strange slime ball, speaking. "How vile. It seems to be pulsing."

"I think I might throw up." Sanji (Nami) furrowed Nami's eyebrows at the blob.

"It looks squishy, yet, so slimy." (Y/N) stepped back, cringing at the blob. "Ew." She looked back at the giant slime creature when she heard more slime balls shot from it. One after another, slime was soared into the air until they slashed into the lake. 'I wonder why it's shooting itself. Is it trying to cover the island? No... it think it's trying to cross the lake. Is it weak to sea water?'

"That creature, it's a slime, isn't it?" Brook questioned aloud.

"A what?" Sanji (Nami) questioned back.

"It's like a blob of thick, sticky substance that's quite unpleasant to touch." (Y/N) calmly explained. "But I've never seen one before. I've only heard stories about their existence, and never believed any of them." She waved off her crew mates.

"I thought that slimes were limited to the realm of fantasy, but apparently not." Brook spoke up again. "I read a book about a slime and it looked just like that one. There's nothing else it could be." Sanji (Nami) 'huh'ed his words in a more pondering tone than a confused one. Brook continued. "The book was quite fascinating. I couldn't put it down. This slime, you see, loved to attack beautiful woman. Its body fluid were harmless, but they had a knack for melting clothes." He chuckled. "Naughty~!"

(Y/N) began to grow irritatedly as she blushed at the thought. Brook shrieked at her perverted thoughts, holding his hands to his face, as he lightly blushed. "Woah. That monster is pretty messed up, huh?" Sanji (Nami) spoke before clasping his hands together to Brook. "Uh, by the way, can I borrow that book?"