Chapter 90: Banquet at the Ryugu Palace

As soon as Luffy was recovered, the Straw Hats boarded the Thousand Sunny and made their way out of the Conch-corde Plaza. (Y/N) was peacefully sitting on the tree swing, scribbled away in her log book. 'It's so nice to do this again. It's only been our first day back, but I have so many logs to write.' (Y/N) giggled to herself, but her giggling was cut short when she saw a certain Mermaid Princess looming over the Sunny. (Y/N) looked up at Shiraoshi in slight shock at her stalking before she spoke. "Why did you leave the plaza without saying anything? Are you running away?"

"We're not too big on attention. You saw how many spectators we had watching us fight down there. If we stick around, they'd just treat us like heroes or some dumb crap. Just the thought of it makes me wanna puke." Zoro sassed.

"Alright, we don't need the icky details." (Y/N) stood up, placing her log book back in her bag before walking up to Sunny's railing Shiraoshi was next to. "Even so, Drama King is right, Princess. We don't want to be seen as heroes."

"But why? Isn't it a good thing to be the hero of a nation." Shiraoshi looked down at the Straw Hats with pleading eyes.

"Listen up. I'll spell it out for you." Zoro pointed at Shiraoshi. "A man who shares his sake with other people, now that's a hero. But I want it all for myself!"

"Keep your damn sake!" Nami irritatedly yelled at her swordsman. "And stop putting dumb ideas in her head!"

(Y/N) shook her head. "Why did Luffy give the exact same explanation earlier but with meat?"

"Why won't you join us, Jimbei?" Luffy whined behind the three making them turn to their captain. "I know ya got adventure in your blood! C'mon! It'll be the most fun you've ever had, I swear!"

"He's right! Crew up with us, Boss!" Usoppp excitedly yelled out, throwing his arm in the air. Chopper joined in. "It'll be awesome to have a former Warlord with us! And helpful. Luffy could take a little break!"

'A break from what? Eating 24/7?' (Y/N) blankly stared at her captain as Jimbei sat down on the grass deck. "I told you. It's impossible for me to join you now. But I am still grateful. It is an honor that you asked. I am certain that it would be the adventure of my life to sail with you all, but I am afraid I don't have the luxury to indulge in such pleasures. I have responsibilities that I must fulfill, and I've put them off long enough as it is. Once I've seen to my duties, when I'm free from my swore obligations, I promise that I'll set sail and seek you out, no matter where you may be. And if you haven't changed your mind and still wish for me to become a member of your crew, well, I'll gladly take you up on your offer then, if you see fit to have me."

"You better keep that promise!" Luffy quickly yelled back, creating a silence between the two.

"Woah, hey." Sanji spoke up, breaking the silence. "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Give him some time, Captain."

"He'll be one of us, someday." (Y/N) giggled making Zoro chuckle and Nami giggle with her.

"Luffy made it clear you're worth the wait. So if you need some 'me' time, you got it." Franky grinned down at Jimbei from Sunny's upper level.

Jimbei closed his eyes, lightly nodding. "That is very gracious of you."

"So what're we doin' next?" Zoro looked over at Nami. "Where to? The New World, right?"

"I completely forgot that's where we're headed." (Y/N) placed her fist in her hand as if a lightbulb went of in her head.

"You're such a moron." Zoro lightly smacked the back of (Y/N)'s head making her giggle.

Shiraoshi gasped with tears forming in her eyes. "What? You're leaving just like that? I haven't thanked you properly! It's not fair! Why, we've hardly spoken at all!"