Chapter 40: Near Death Experiences

The marines that were once charging towards (Y/N), Robin and Franky quickly turned back, running from Enel's Lobby. "Hey! WAIT! STOP!" Spandom tried to halt the fearful soldiers. "Hey! Stop running damn it! Open your eyes! Come on, the battle ships aren't going to attack the bridge!"

Although Spandom commanded the marines to stop, the men kept running away screaming in fear. "HAHAHA!! Not as long as I'm on it, at least! Exactly like my father said it was! He told me!! He stood unscathed amidst the destruction!" Spandom continued his attempts to reason with the scared marines.

"Robin?" (Y/N) looked over at her friend in worry. She didn't know what to do in the situation, so she pulled Robin in for a hug. Robin didn't stop shaking in (Y/N)'s arms, but she accepted she hug.

(Y/N) looked over at the cackling Spandom. 'Shit. He managed to convince the marines...' (Y/N) thought, never letting go of her friend.

"Hey! Come on! Quit trembling and capture Nico Robin!!" Spandom yelled back at the marines behind him. "The sooner this is over and done with, the sooner I'll be seen the world's hero!! Why even the Buster Call sounds like a firework celebration held in my honor!"

(Y/N) placed her hands on Robin's shoulders, making the two look eye to eye. "Robin. I know this is uncomfortable for you, but I'm going to have to ask you to stay here okay?" Robin looked at her slightly confused by her words. "The others will be here soon, but in the meantime, I'll be here to protect you from whatever the hell this world throws at us. I need you to stay strong, okay?"

"I will try... but (Y/N). You're injured." Robin's voice shook as she spoke.

"You don't worry about that. Right now, I need you to be my strength." (Y/N) smiled at her archeologists before turning to Spandom. Her face immediately changed to anger as she stared down the man.

The three heard a loud crash behind. Everyone looked back at the end of the bridge to see a giant fist burst through column structure holding up the bridge.

(Y/N) watched in shock as Luffy flew out of the building after whatever he was chasing. Luffy used his Gum Gum Balloon to deflect the bullets the marines shot at him. "What the hell is he doing?!" (Y/N) yelled out as watched his foot enlarge giant-size before raining down on a marine battle ship.

"HE BROKE IT IN HALF?!" (Y/N) screamed in shock from her captain's actions. His Gum Gum Giant Whip attack broke the sails of the battle ship as if they were paper.

Spandom's evil laughter stole (Y/N)'s attention. "Do you see that, Cutty Flam! It's all over for your friends! It was over from the start!!"

"What do you know?! They're just getting started!" Franky yelled back at the man.

"Oh come on stop being such a sore loser! Lucci's the strongest man in the history of CP-9!! It doesn't matter how well you dealt with the other guys, you're dealing with a real monster now!!" Spandom laughed before continued. "And once he's done with your stretchy friend, you're next, Cutty Flam!!"

"My captain is one thousand times stronger than Lucci can ever dream to be! That man is going to become King of the Pirates!!" (Y/N) yelled back at Spandom.

Spandom stared at her blankly for a few moments before laughing hysterically. "King of the Pirates? What a child's dream! You really think a weakling like Straw Hat could really become King of the Pirates?!! You have to be joking!"

"I would make you eat those words, but I'll let my captain's victory do that." (Y/N) smirked at the thought.

"You cocky little brat! I don't care if Sengoku wants you alive anymore! I'll drown you in the sea and be done with it!" Spandom angrily yelled at the woman before him.