Chapter 41: Goodbye, Merry.

The remaining Straw Hats on the bridge looked worried for the news Chopper gave them.

"Die?! What do you mean die?" Robin questioned the crying reindeer on the ground.

"I mean from loss of blood!" Chopper sniffed a bit. "She's coughing up large amounts of blood meaning her broken ribs could have punctured an organ. How long ago have you been spitting up blood, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) took a minute to answer. "Since I was on the Tower of Law's balcony..."

"I'm amazed you're still awake, (Y/N)." Chopper looked up at Robin with sadness in his eyes. "She needs surgery."

Nami and Robin quickly rushed to get the ship ready to set sail. (Y/N) sat on the deck, smiling lightly. "Ya know, Chopper. I wouldn't feel so bad if I did die today."

Chopper gasped at her words. "(Y/N)! No! What are you saying?!"

"I'm saying that I'm happy with the life I have lived. The memories I've made. And the great friends I have by myself along the way... So if I die, I'll be happy from the life I've lived." Chopper didn't say anything back to her, but (Y/N) could hear his soft cries.

Nami ran to the railing, yelling up to the boys on the top of the of the staircase. "Okay, she's ready! We can leave anytime! As soon as Luffy gets here, we'll set sail immediately!!"

"Sounds good." Zoro said back to the navigator as the crew waited for their captain.

(Y/N) hung her head. "I'm gonna rest for a bit." Chopper asked her not to, but it was too late. The (h/c) haired woman passed out.

>>Flashback<<

"(Y/N) dear. Come to mama!" (Y/N)'s mother called out to her.

The little toddler came running up to her mother happily. "Mommy!!"

"Papa's here too, sweet heart." (Y/N) reached out for her fathers afro when he picked her up. "You're such a sweet young lady already. You'll grown up to be a fine marine!"

"Is that what you are, papa?" (Y/N) giggled at her father, pulling on his hair.

"Ouch... haha yes, my little (Y/N)." Her father kissed her forehead before setting her down.

"Then I wanna be a marine! Just like papa!!" (Y/N) ran around the living room her family was in before running into the kitchen. "Ooo cookie jar!" The young girl giggled before climbing on the kitchen's counter. Sneaking her way on the counter, the girl reached into the cookie jar happily.

"You need to stop convincing our daughter to run off to the damn marines!" (Y/N) dropped the cookie she had in her hand, back into the jar. The young girl crawled back off the counter and picked around the kitchen door, looking out to the living room. "She's only a child!!"

"I can't see why it's such a problem! It's good for her to have dreams an ambitions for the future." Her father sighed in frustration.

"I don't want her to turn out like you! You're hardly at home, do you know how hard it is to raise a child alone?! No! You don't! Because you're always called away on business. And you leave me with that brat to take care of!" (Y/N) flinched at her mother's words.

"Don't speak about my daughter in that way!" (Y/N)'s father stood up from the chair he sat on, angrily pointing at her mother.

"Oh so now she's your daughter?! How about her fifth birthday?! Where were you then, PAPA?!" Her mother yelled back.

"You know when I'm called to serve, I have to go!" A transponder snail rang from her father's coat as soon as he said that.

"Don't answer that. Don't! Sengoku, I swear!" Her mother stood up from her chair quickly.