MJA: Nicole Roberts

Mike was in my office all morning. We were making lists of people and placing them in the chronology of events that took place before everything came crashing down. My office window looked like a bulletin board at a police investigation department. It was covered in names, photos, tapes in all sorts of color. 

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. It was hard and loud and sounded like someone was about to break it down. Mike panicked. I quickly dropped the curtains to cover up our trail of evidences on the window. The office became instantly dark like it was night.

After a third knock, Nicole barged into my office.

Nicole: Melanie Jayne! I know you're in here!

MJ: Hey, Nicole!.......Sorry, I was busy.......(looking at the bright computer screen) I......I didn't hear you.....

Nicole: What are you doing.....in the dark?.......

MJ: I was......working on something........I didn't realize it was dark......

Nicole looked around and saw Mike sitting casually on the couch in the lounge area. He smiled and waved at her , trying to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Nicole: Why is that paperboy loser on your couch?

MJ: He's......assisting me......I needed something from his department that I couldn't retrieve. Did you want something?

Nicole: I came to remind you about the party tonight.....which I assume you forgot.......

MJ: The party! Of course! How could I forget!

Nicole: (looks over at Mike) I don't know what it is about you two.......But if you have to,he can come along.....

Mike: Wow! Really?!

Nicole: (ignoring Mike) Seriously, MJ. Why do you hang around this guy?

Mike: (annoyed) Excuse me? I'm still here!

Nicole: (still ignoring Mike) The whole place talks about you two!

MJ: Oh....I wasn't aware of it........

Nicole: Of course not! You are so sucked into each other's world! I'll see you tonight...... (walking out and turns to look at Mike) You too,loser! (finger gunning at Mike) 

Nicole walks out of my office,slamming the door behind her.

Mike: (looks at Melanie) Is she always like that?

MJ: Yeah. Kinda. Don't mind her......

Mike slowly walks over to my desk.

Mike: So...."Paperboy loser" got invited to a party tonight......

MJ: Apparently so.....

Mike: Melanie Jayne! Everyone who is everyone knows the kind of "parties" Nicole has! What should I wear?

MJ: (laughs) Anything you want,really........