MJA: Colonia

I woke up early the next morning to find Victor lying in bed next to me. I must have been asleep when he came in the night before. He reeked of alcohol and he was still in his shirt from yesterday. I tried to get out of bed without waking him up but he had his arms wrapped around me so tightly I could barely move.

Victor: Please don't go......

MJ: I need to check on Christopher.......

Victor: I'm sorry about last night.......

MJ: Me too. I have to go see if he's awake, Victor......

I got up and performed my usual morning routine with Christopher while Victor slept. We headed downstairs and sat in the lounge area.

Christopher: Is daddy ok now?

MJ: He is. He's just tired. 

Christopher: What about Tai Chi? He said he wanted to join us.......

MJ: Maybe but not today. I was thinking....maybe we can do something else before breakfast.........

We ended up playing in the yard for a bit while waiting for Victor to come downstairs for breakfast. After a while, we decided to wait for him at the dining table. To our surprise, he was already there waiting for us.

Christopher: Hey! Daddy's here!

Victor: I beat you guys to it, huh?

MJ: (smiles) Good morning...... (kisses Victor)

Victor showered and smelled familiar. He must have found the bottle of cologne I placed on the dresser. The one I had curated for him years ago which he wears whenever he and I were going to go out alone. I had Nicole send it over the day before. She and Leo had been overlooking the reconstruction of Victor's apartment.

Victor: How did you find it?

MJ: Nicole. 

Victor: It's done isn't it? My apartment.....

MJ: Yeah.....I wanted it to be a surprise for you and Christopher but.......

Victor: I was thinking....maybe I want to stay here..... What do you think, Christopher? Do you wanna stay here with mommy?

Christopher: I do! I love my room here!

After breakfast, we headed out to into the backyard. Christopher wanted to try climbing trees today so I had to check which tree would be safe enough for him to climb. Victor helped him get up.

Victor: You are heavy! How on earth do you carry him up, Melanie Jayne?

MJ: I workout? (laughs)

We decided to take a slightly longer route home just so that we could walk together a little longer. Christopher looked like he still had a lot of energy left in him so we let him run around a little more.

Victor: (holding Melanie's hand) I've been thinking about what you said last night. I know that I've been out of it for sometime..... I'll make it up to you. Both of you. I just need to get myself back on track.....and I'm going to need your help with it.

MJ: Anything, Victor. I'm here......

Victor: I also think that I will go to that audition next week after all. I did take a sneak peek at the script but I decided to just look at it next week, on the day itself.....like I always do......

MJ: That's the Victor I know! (hugs Victor)

We got home and Jean was standing at the door, looking like he was waiting for us.