MJA: Kintsugi

I like things when they work properly. When things fall apart or break, I always feel like fixing them is always the better option than just replacing them. Sometimes, when we fix things, they may work the same way but the cracks can still show through. It isn't usually a bad thing. It's just proof of time. When something breaks, it can either mean it was used really well or it was not used properly. Either ways, I always feel like everything can be fixed.

Unlike things, human emotions don't mend as well. Sometimes, seeking forgiveness seems like the template we use to fix mistakes we've made. Unfortunately, it's so much more complicated than just words and remorse. It takes courage and wisdom for us to mend. I am not the person to be talking about such things because for the longest time, none of my efforts in trying to mend anything ever worked.

------------------------------------------------

I slowly made my way to Mike's room. I wasn't sure what I was going to say to him. I wasn't even sure why he was so angry. Either ways, I had to give him the phone I got him. I knocked the door and entered slowly.

MJ: Erm.....I wanted to say I am sorry.......about earlier........I honestly don't understand what's happening.......

Mike: What do you mean you don't understand?

MJ: Well......I know that you're mad at me......I'm just trying to understand why.......

Mike: Are you being serious right now?

MJ: I am.........

Mike: Unbelievable........

MJ: Look, I just want you to be safe. I got you this. (puts the new phone on Mike's bed) I've installed the emergency button and GPS in case anything happens to you......You could just....

Mike: Melanie Jayne!

MJ: Please stop yelling! Today had been just that and I can't deal with more high volume aggression.......

Mike just looked at me like he didn't understand anything I just said.

Mike: Why did you bring Victor here?

MJ: I was trying to keep him safe.....Like you and Nicole....and.....

Mike: So, you are still concerned about him?

MJ: His safety. Yes.........And Nicole and Leo and Jean......Look, I'm trying to get this over with so that we can all go back to how things were.....

Mike: To how things were? Like before you and Victor broke up?

MJ: What?

Mike: That seems like what's going on with you two........

MJ: Michael! Please, can't you see that everyone's life is in danger now and I am trying to sort this out as quickly as possible.......

Mike: And you are doing a wonderful job,Melanie Jayne! Thank you very much!

I stood there looking at Mike and trying to find the right thing to say to him because in the last couple of minutes, it seems like anything I say is not right.

MJ: (sigh) What do you want me to do?

Mike: I want you to just go. Take Victor with you! I hope you two are happy!

MJ: (starts to cry) You don't mean that......

Mike kept quiet and faced away as he tucked himself into bed. I grabbed whatever I could and walked out of the room. Jean came in to pick up the rest of my things.