MJA: Family Gathering

I was reluctant to go downstairs because after everything that happened that afternoon, I just wasn't up to meet anyone. The only thing I intended to do was to see Theodore and thank him for saving my life. Victor pulled me out of the tub in time but Theodore was the one who revived me. I owe them both my life. Victor waited for me to get dressed as he sat on the bed. I could see him from the mirror reflection as I was trying to make myself look more presentable.

Victor: You look perfect. (smiles) 

I just smiled at him and turned around. Victor got up and held my hand. We made our way downstairs. We weren't headed into the dining area. Instead, we headed into the lounge area where we met Nicole and Leo and Jean. It was strange. What could possibly be there? It was supposed to be Christopher's birthday celebration today, not mine. I looked at Victor and realized that he was looking like he was trying to contain himself from smiling too much. Something about this surprise was making him excited so I didn't want to ask him anything to ruin it all.

We got to the lounge area and everyone was there. Nicole, Leo, Christopher, Jean and Theodore. Everybody stood up like they were waiting for me to arrive. I got nervous as I looked at everyone but they just kept silent and smiled at me. As Victor sat me down on the couch, everyone sat down. Sitting across me was a familiar face. A man with dark hair and light brown eyes. A man I had definitely met before. It was Lorenzo. He was looking at me and smiling at me like he had been waiting for me.

MJ: What is going on? (looks at Lorenzo) Why are you here?

Nicole: Melanie Jayne......meet your father...... (starts tearing up)

MJ: Excuse me?

Lorenzo: Welcome home, my child..... (stands up and walks towards Melanie)

Lorenzo sat down beside me and smiled. I was looking at him, trying to make sense of what the hell was going on. My father died. I had no family. What the hell was all this? I could feel my heart racing and I was shaking. Before I knew it, I had tears running down my face. He took my hand and held it. I couldn't believe what was happening.

Lorenzo: I have waited so long to say that to you. (hugs Melanie)

MJ: But.....my parents died..... (starts to cry) Is this some kind of sick prank?

Lorenzo: This is not a prank, Melanie Jayne. You are my child and you have come home. You were always meant to come back home.

I started freaking out and stood up. I just couldn't be there. How did everybody know about this and kept it all from me? I started crying and just left. I ran upstairs to the bedroom and locked the door. I just sat outside on the balcony and cried.

Victor was going to run after me but Lorenzo told him to stay. Theodore ran after me and waited outside the room. Victor sat down with Nicole, Lorenzo, Leo and Jean while Christopher went upstairs to get ready for bed.

Nicole: Don't worry about her, Victor. She just needs some time to take it all in. She'll come around.

Victor nodded. He had so many questions but he wasn't sure what to ask or if it was even appropriate to ask at all. He looked at Jean.

Victor: You knew? All this while?

Jean smiled.

Lorenzo: He is the one to trust with your life. You can trust him with a secret. (looks at Jean) You've raised her well.

Victor: So.....you've been alive all this while.......but you couldn't tell her you were alive?

Lorenzo: It is for her own safety, Mr. Keel. She had to be protected. Any link with me and she might have been killed. I do not have any other children. I had to make sure she is safe and now, she can take her place as Nicole did for her father.