MJA: Faded

I love flowers even though I am never the one who tends the gardens at home. I fear that I might kill the plants and the flowers because I have no idea what I am doing. When the seasons change, I love watching different flowers bloom as other flowers fall to the ground. I make it a habit to only pick up fallen flowers and not the ones that are still on the plants because I don't want them to die. Some flowers cannot live where I live because of weather and surrounding and soil difference. Sometimes, when we travel to different places for work, I try to make it a point to walk around in the local parks to look at the flowers and plants that grow in a particular area. 

Victor and I used to spend our time walking in the backyard during spring and I'd pick up fallen flowers from the ground. When we sit down by the water stream for picnics, he would play with my hair and places the flowers in it when he's not reading his books. Sometimes, he would place them neatly. Other times, he would just put a whole bunch of flowers in and make it look like I have just fallen into a huge pile of flowers. I miss picnics in the backyard. I miss taking strolls with him and Christopher. I miss watching Christopher run down to the water stream to watch the little fish swim.

Christopher woke up in time for tea. Victor thought it would be a good idea to have tea in the garden instead of indoors because the weather was nice. He also wanted to make me feel better and he knew that I like being outdoors. We had the staff set up a picnic outside in the garden and brought out all of our things. It was nice. 

MJ: Thank you for doing this. (kisses Victor)

Victor: Anything for you. I love you. (kisses Melanie)

Christopher: Mommy......can we go to the beach?

MJ: We can plan a day if you want. Let me ask around. By the way.....what do you want for your birthday, Christopher?

Christopher: My birthday? You know it's gonna be my birthday? (excited)

Victor: Of course we do! 

Christopher: I thought you forgot about it........

MJ: (hugs Christopher) We won't forget your birthday, Christopher. You are too precious! (tickles Christopher) 

Christopher: (laughs) Can we go to the museum?

Victor: (looks at Melanie) Actually, that was exactly what mommy was telling me. Can we go?

MJ: I'll find out and see if there is a museum around here. You want cakes and other party stuff too?

Christopher: Can we invite Nicole and Leo too? Oh, can Jean come along as well?

Victor kept quiet and looked at me.

MJ: I'll ask them. No promises ok.

I refused to speak to Jean after everything that happened days before. I just couldn't bring myself to see him. I was angry at him for letting them do this. I guess I am no longer the priority. Not his priority. Not anymore.

After tea, we took a walk around the garden. Christopher wanted to play catch with Victor so I told them I wanted to go lie down in the room for a bit before dinner. I just needed some quiet time. I went upstairs and sat outside on the balcony. I kept playing with the phone Theodore gave me to see if I can tweak it in any way I can get it to be more useful. The phone numbers he saved into the phone was random and I had no idea who they belonged to. I tried to remember Nicole's phone number and kept dialing random numbers. It was useless. It was as though the phone had no actual line. Other than the numbers already saved into the phone, I was unable to dial out to any other number. Did Theodore lie to me about getting me an actual phone? I was so annoyed that I threw the phone into the room and sat outside on the balcony floor, frustrated.