MJA: Enemy

There was a time when Victor used to show up at Sharon's family house with every single cent he's made that week from working several different jobs he could ever do just to pay them in return to be able to spend some time with Christopher. He never got to see his son every time he wanted to because they kept telling him that the money he brought was never enough so he'd either get kicked off their front yard or they'd beat him up whenever he tries to fight. He had plans to take Christopher and just make a run for it but he knew that he would be putting his son in danger. He couldn't figure out where they'd live and he couldn't figure out how he was going to provide for him. He was hesitant to leave but he was determined to find better ways to obtain financial security. He also wanted to find a safe place for him and Christopher to call home.

What Sharon and her family had done to him could never be forgiven. Victor suffered for so long because he had priorities and what is important to him was nothing but an excuse for them. He never deserved to be treated that way. Christopher deserves a better life with people who actually care for him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hours had passed since we had lunch. Christopher was doing some doodling with Nicole in the lounge area. Leo was on the phone, pacing back on forth on the patio by the pool outside. Victor was talking to Jean about shooting practises. I just decided to get some work done on my tablet and phone while waiting for news about Samuel. After a while, Christopher started to get sleepy so we let him sleep on the couch.

Nicole: My God, MJ...... Babysitting is so tiring!

MJ: It just needs some getting used to. It's all about routine after that. You guys not planning?

Nicole: Kids? No, not yet...... What the hell is taking them so long?

MJ: I am trying to get some info as we speak. I think the civilian cameras might have some visuals. I just need to see where he went. Maybe I'll start with the prison cameras and then move from there.......

Nicole: How are you planning to do that? Don't you think you're gonna need some sort of internal accessibility to do that?

MJ: Wow, Nicole! Have you been studying? Yes, we do! And thanks to you, we have a bug within the facility.... (smiles)

Nicole: Me? How?

MJ: When you went to see him in prison. Jean placed the bug in the folder you took with you to the prison and it was given to your guy in the IT department there. He had to retrieve files from the main server because it "crashed". (laughs) Give me a second..... I'll get the footage as far back as I can go........

I used to spend time hacking into the school security system because I wanted to see where the important things were stored like exam papers and rare library treasures which weren't allowed to be taken out. Sometimes, I'd find out things I don't want to know like when the headmaster was looking at porn on his computer in his office or the school secretary was having a secret affair with the janitor. I could have used all my time to do something useful but instead, I decided to do pointless, stupid things. 

After a few minutes, I managed to get some footage from Samuel's prison the night before he broke out. He was seen walking back from dinner and then, he took a detour into the janitor's utility closet. There was a guard standing there but he let him pass through. It appeared as though he was speaking to some officer from the administrative office which was strange because office hours were long over.

MJ: Who is that guy he was talking to?

Nicole: I'll get the list of staff. Hang on. 

Victor: (joins Melanie and Nicole in the lounge area) What are you up to?