MJA: You & Me

It was getting really late and Christopher was falling asleep. Jean sat with him on the bench out in the hallway while we waited for Nicole. Victor was not going to wake up anytime soon and I had to think of a plan for Christopher because he still needs to be cared for.

Nicole: Ok MJ. You are good to go. 

MJ: What does that mean?

Nicole: That means you can take Christopher with you until Victor wakes up.

MJ: Take him where? (looks at Christopher who is asleep on the bench) Oh no.....he needs a bed.....

Nicole: Exactly. 

I looked at Jean and he smiled at me.

Jean: There's plenty of room at home......

MJ: You're right. 

I picked up Christopher and carried him slowly to the car.

Christopher: Where are we going?

MJ: You need to have a comfortable bed to sleep in and I know just the place......Do you want to come with me?

Christopher: OK.....(yawns and falls asleep on Melanie's shoulder)

I took Christopher home. I had a bedroom set up for him for as long as he needed to stay with me. Jean helped me tuck him in.

Christopher: Melanie Jayne.....I'm scared of going to sleep on my own. Daddy usually stays with me.....

MJ: Oh. I can stay with you......(looks at Jean)

Jean nods and smiles at me. He knew I had no idea what I was doing.

Jean: I'll be outside if you need me......

MJ: Oh that's ok, Jean.....I got this.......

Jean: You sure?

MJ: Yes. You need to rest. (looks at Christopher) We'll need to get up early tomorrow and head over to the mall to do some shopping........

Christopher: What's a mall?

MJ: It's a.....place......with lots of shops.......

Christopher: What are we gonna do there?

MJ: Shop. I need to get you some clothes and whatever else you need......

Christopher hugged me and wished me goodnight and falls asleep on the bed. Jean said goodnight and left for the night. I just sat there wondering if I should sleep with him on the bed or should I sleep on the couch. It was weird because we hardly know each other but he somehow is comfortable being around me. I lie down beside him and before I realized it, I was already asleep.

The next morning, we got up early and got ready. Christopher said he could bathe himself but I still needed to stay close to him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself in the bathroom. I tried to have some clothes put together for him just until we got to the mall because all of my designs are tailored for adults. Maybe I should start designing kids clothing as well now. Good thing Jean was way ahead of me and managed to get some kids clothes from one of the stores he found on his way here.

After breakfast, we got into the limo and Jean drove us to the mall. Christopher looked so fascinated like he's never seen anything like the shops there. He kept asking if we could go into every other shop he saw. I couldn't say no. We even stopped by at the toy store because I wanted to get him some toys and activities for home in case he's going to be stuck with me. We got ice-cream and then headed to the hospital.