MJA: The Secret Meeting

I got to the office early because Mike said he was going to be late. I honestly cannot imagine how he manages to put up with me and his daily work routine and life at the same time. I had been considering on giving him some time off. It could probably help him relax a little

As usual, I headed into my office and shut the door behind me. I've been doing that ever since I came back to work.I can't help but feel as though I am being watched. I've been having a difficult time trusting people. I took my time and set up my computer and desk for the day, checking my schedule at the same time. It turns out, I was actually free for the day.

I relaxed my head into the headrest to take some time to breathe. Just then, Nicole storms in.

Nicole: Where is he?!

MJ: Who?

Nicole: Paperboy! Where is he?!

MJ: Hey, calm down. He said he's gonna be here....he's just running a little late today....

Nicole: Unbelievable!

MJ: What's going on?

Nicole: (looks at Melanie) Nothing....(walks out of Melanie's office, slamming the door behind her)

As soon as Nicole left, I received a text message from Mike stating that we should meet up at our "usual spot" in about 5 minutes. I packed up my things and got up and out of my office right away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I headed over to the diner and saw Mike sitting in the corner booth like he was trying to hide away. I approached him slowly and sat across the table from him.

MJ: Hey.....are you ok? You look.......bothered......

Mike: (looks at Melanie and smiles) I'm ok. Sorry for not....erm.....I couldn't get here sooner......I uh.....had to.....

MJ: Hey, don't worry about it. (smiles) There's nothing major happening at work today anyways......

Mike smiled and sipped his coffee slowly. He looked a bit lost like something was really eating him up inside.

MJ: Ya know.....if there's something bothering you.....if you need help with anything......anything at all.......I'm here for you. Just know that......

Mike: Oh, everything is fine, Melanie Jayne.....

MJ: Really,Michael. I want you to know that I am aware that you do have a life outside of these meetings and work time.....

Mike: (interrupts Melanie) Melanie Jayne.....I need to tell you something.......but......please stay calm and understand that....I would never want to hurt you.....ever.......

That sounded a lot like a break-up line from a movie. Are we there already? I couldn't keep up with the conversation today. Maybe I needed coffee.

MJ: Erm....Michael.....tell me.....are you seeing someone? Coz if you are.....I'm totally......totally ok with you being honest with me about it......

Mike: Oh God, Melanie Jayne! No! It's none of that......(holds Melanie's hand).....It's just.....Well.....this morning....when I told you that I had something to do......I.......met up with Victor.......

MJ: Oh.....

Mike: Oh?

MJ: Wait....I'm......processing......erm....why did you see him?