MJA: Grief

Jean arrived in the nick of time and shot Samuel to disarm him. He fell to the ground and Jean kicked the glass away while keeping the gun on him.

Jean: (glancing over at Mike)You ok?

Mike: I'm....fine....she's.....oh God......there's so much blood.......(holding on to Melanie)

Jean: Keep pressure on the wounds. Medics are outside. She's alright,Capri. Keep pressure on the wounds.......

 The police arrived and cuffed Samuel. Medical officers escorted him out to tend to his gunshot wound. I was barely awake. I could feel Mike holding me and then everything just turned dark. I was OK. I wanted to tell Mike that I was OK. He's done so much for me and I just wanted him to know that I was OK.

Mike: Let me go with her.....please.......

Jean: I'll meet you at the hospital. Go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't remember the last time I ever injured myself this bad. I don't think I've ever had to go into the emergency unit for anything for as long as I can remember. Most of the time, Jean would help with the first aid kit we have at home and I'd be fine. Ok,I'll admit that this was not my first physical fight with someone so much bigger and stronger than myself. I'm usually more careful with choosing an opponent. That was the first thing Jean taught me about defending myself. Analyse the situation before engaging. I guess I didn't really have much choice this time. It was either I fought with everything I had or I might have lost Mike. I cannot afford to lose Mike. He's all I have. He's been dedicating all his time and energy on me without even knowing what was happening. He trusted me even when I was doubting my allies. 

Mike was never meant to get into this kind of complication. He was just a bartender before he worked for us. Sure, it wasn't the safest job but usually there'd be at least one bouncer at the door. He was working long hours trying to make ends meet. He finally gave up after his mother died. It just wasn't worth it anymore. After a few weeks of mourning and grieving, he got back up on his feet and went out to look for another job. One that did not require him to work long hours. A job that could keep him occupied enough but not to the extent of having to stay overnight. It was just his luck that he bumped into Andre from the photoshoot department on the train on his way to work. They started talking and Andre said he'd put in a word for him. I am pretty sure Nicole was the one who got him hired. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Mike arrived at the emergency unit in the same ambulance as Melanie Jayne. The medical officers rushed her straight into the operating theater while Mike was inspected at the waiting area. 

Medic: You bled a lot!

Mike: It's not mine......I'm fine........Please let me see her......

Medic: Put these cold packs on the bruises on your face. We may need to get you stitched up.......

Mike: I'm fine, really......Just let me see her.......

Mike waited in the waiting area while getting his wounds treated. He kept looking at the door hoping that someone would come out with some news.  Any news. After a while, he laid his head back and shut his eyes. He's had a long night and he couldn't stay awake any longer. He had a blanket around him but he was still soaking wet from the water tank. Not to mention the massive amount of blood on his shirt from trying to rescue Melanie Jayne. There was nothing he could do at this point but to just sit and wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was a sunny morning and Mike was on his way to work. He passed by the cafe he met Victor that one time. It was very odd. That cafe isn't usually on his route to work. After walking down the road a few minutes, he arrived at the diner where he and Melanie Jayne would usually meet. He tried to open the door but the place was closed. That was very strange. It never closes. He took a peek through the window and he saw figures. He squinted his eyes and tried to wipe the window to get a better view. He saw Melanie Jayne inside the diner and she was screaming his name. He quickly realized that she was in danger and tried to open the doors. He saw Samuel coming from behind her and stabbing her with a knife. Melanie Jayne cried his name one last time before disappearing and suddenly, he woke up. Jean was shaking his shoulder to wake him up.