MJA: Deliverance

Victor is panicking. Christopher is waiting at the dining table but he was unsure if there will be dinner at all at this point. There were people rushing around. Victor told Christopher to have dinner while he rushed over to Jean's room. Jean was sitting on his bed and he was talking to someone. He seemed like a security guard. 

Victor: Jean! It's Melanie Jayne!

Jean: I know. Don't worry......

Victor: Don't worry?! Where on earth could she be?!

Jean: Theodore will find her.

Victor: (looks at Jean) You are so sure of it.......

Jean remained calm in this chaos that had taken over the house so suddenly and Victor was struggling to understand how he can have so much faith in Theodore.

I made my way through the woods whilst trying to stay off the main tracks. It was dark but I can see where I was headed. It was a bit difficult to step up and down off fallen trees as I go along in my dress. I was after all dressed for dinner. I just wanted to take a look around and I needed to do it without any supervision. I was getting sick and tired of people telling me things I already know. In order to get a sense of where I really am, I needed to head to the edge of the land and walk along the shorelines to really see where it will lead me. 

As I was walking in the dark, I realized that I was slowly going into a slight descent. I was moving downwards. I knew I had to be careful in case of a slippery slope. Just as I thought of that, I slipped and began rolling downwards. I tried to grab anything that could stop me from falling but it was just to steep. I was sliding and before I knew it, I was getting to a cliff edge. I was going to fall off. I knew that if I fell off, the only time anyone would ever find me is when the sun is up and I could potentially be either severely injured or dead by then. I was scraping off everything on the ground along my way down at this point. Finally, I managed to grab a hold of a tree root protruding off the edge. I had to hold on and gather enough strength to pull myself up.

I was slowly losing my grip. I was getting tired from the fall. I tried to pull myself up but I kept slipping because the root I was holding on to was slippery from the forest mist in the night. I was getting to the end of the root. I was going to fall off into the rocky waters below. I was holding on with everything I had and finally, I slipped off. I was holding on to nothing. I was falling. I was going to die. Out of nowhere, a hand grabbed me by my arm. A strong grip that was hurting me but at the same time, I knew that who ever it was that was grabbing on to me was trying to save my life. I was pulled upwards. I felt my body moving up and then I crashed onto someone. I fell onto the person who pulled me up from falling. I fell onto Theodore.

I shook my head, trying to make sense of what just happened. I found myself lying on his chest. As I looked up, I realized he was looking at me.

Theo: Are you alright, Melanie Jayne?

MJ: (gets up quickly) Theodore! How did you find me?

Theo: I am to make sure you are safe. It is my job. Are you alright?

MJ: Yeah..... Thank you for saving my life.

I tried to clean myself up but I realized that I was covered in dirt and there were cuts and bruises all over my arms and legs. Theodore gets up and takes off his jacket.

Theo: Here.... (places his jacket around Melanie's shoulders) You must be cold.

MJ: Are you going to drag me back to the house?

Theo: Only if you want to go back. I will have to inform them eventually that you are safe.

MJ: Can I just stay out a little longer?