MJA: Safe House

Days have gone by and Victor is finally able to leave the hospital. I got up early and got Christopher ready. He was so excited because he had been wanting to show his father his bedroom for the longest time. He spent so many hours decorating his room and he's been making a lot of welcome home signs for Victor. I made sure he dressed his best for the welcome home party.

Jean drove us to the hospital and helped Victor get his things into the car. He could walk but he isn't allowed to do any heavy lifting. As he walked out the main entrance of the hospital, he saw Christopher and I waiting for him at the limo.

Christopher: Daddy! (hugs Victor) I made you a card!

Victor: Thank you! (looks at Melanie) Thank you for everything, Melanie Jayne! (hugs Melanie) Thank you so much.......

MJ: Well.....we have another surprise for you at home....(smiles and looks at Christopher)

Christopher fell asleep in the car on the drive home. Victor held my hand the whole drive home. I never thought I'd ever live through a moment like this but for the first time in my life, I felt like I was doing the right thing and I was happy.

We got home and got Victor settled into his new bedroom. Christopher was still asleep on the couch so we decided to start the party once he woke up. Nicole and Leo arrived shortly.

Nicole: This is so weird but in a good way.....(hugs Victor) Welcome home!

Leo: Do you think you can stick around a little longer this time around? (joking)

Victor: I sure hope so.....(laughs)

Nicole: Seriously, Victor. Don't screw this up.......(giving Victor some documents)

Victor: Are these.....

Nicole: Your paperwork. You are Christopher's official guardian. 

Victor: Oh my God! (hugs Nicole) Thank you so much, Nicole!

I could see how happy Victor was. He has finally fulfilled what he had set out to do. Now, all that's left to do is to get his home back in shape and get a proper work and school schedule sorted out for him and Christopher.

Nicole pulled me aside to talk in private.

Nicole: Well......

MJ: Well?

Nicole: I told you to get information,Melanie Jayne......from Christopher......about his mother......

MJ: But......the paperwork is all ready.....what information could you possibly need?

Nicole: I erm.....(sighs) It's Samuel.......I'll tell you later.....I don't wanna ruin your party......

MJ: What about him? Nicole!

Christopher woke up and was pleasantly surprised to see all the decorations and the gifts and the guests in the house. He got so excited.

Christopher: Daddy! (hugs Victor) Have you seen my bedroom?! (takes Victor's hand) Come on! It's this way! Come on,Melanie Jayne! Let's show daddy my room! (takes Melanie's hand)

We showed Victor around Christopher's bedroom and all the artwork he's been doing all this while. Victor smiled and teared up. He's never seen Christopher so happy. He looked like he found a place he can call home.

Victor: (whispers to Melanie) I don't know how I am going to top this with whatever room we have at home......

MJ: (whispers to Victor) Maybe you should just stay here......