MJA: Capo

I fell down and realized that I was on the floor of Mike's apartment. I must have fallen off the couch. I got up and looked around to see if there was anyone around. Mike came out from the kitchen and told me that breakfast is ready. We sat down at the dining table. It was strange. I was usually the one who would prepare breakfast for him. Mike sat on the chair opposite me and smiled. I tried to ask him what was happening but I couldn't make a sound. I wanted to tell him to be careful because Samuel broke out of prison. He just smiled at me and showed me the taser I had given him. He slowly placed it on the table and shrugged, indicating that it wasn't working. I tried to grab it but I just couldn't reach it. Mike smiled at me and stood up. He walked over to the front door and opened it. Outside, stood Samuel. Mike turned around to look at me and walked out the door. I tried to stop him but I couldn't get to him no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get to him.

I screamed as I opened my eyes and realized that Victor was holding me. He came upstairs to tell me that lunch was ready. I must have fallen asleep after leaving the meeting with Nicole. Victor smiled at me and gently wiped the tears from my face. He looked at me like he really wanted to help me but he didn't know how. He gently kissed my forehead and hugged me. I hugged him so tightly. I didn't want to let go. I didn't want him to stop holding me. I just wanted to stay in his arms.

Victor: (whispers) Are you hungry? Or do you want to eat later?

MJ: I'll go with you..... (sniffles) Just hold me a little longer....... (presses her face into Victor's chest)

Victor: I'm here, Melanie Jayne. (kisses Melanie's forehead) I'm here.

MJ: Do you think......I'm going crazy?........

Victor: No, Melanie Jayne. You just have a lot on your mind. 

MJ: I just want it all to stop........ (starts crying) Please make it stop.......

Victor stayed with me in bed for a while until I got myself composed. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know if he could say anything that would make me feel better at this point.

After a while, I got myself cleaned up and ready for lunch. Victor and I made our way downstairs to the dining hall where Nicole, Leo, Jean and Christopher were waiting for us. I could see Theodore standing in the corner like how Jean used to do.

MJ: Sorry I'm late.......

Nicole: It's ok, MJ. (smiles)

Christopher: Are you ok, mommy?

Victor: Mommy is fine. She just had a bad dream. (kisses Melanie's forehead) She's fine now.

It was nice to have more people at the dining table. I felt more complete than before. I watched Nicole and Christopher laughing from across the table. Leo ,Victor and Jean were talking about cars. The atmosphere was significantly livelier than it had ever been in the last couple of weeks. I felt a little joy for the first time in a while. I glanced over to look at Theodore and he smiled at me.

MJ: You wanna tell everyone about your birthday party invitation, Christopher?

Nicole: A party? Your birthday party? Really?

Christopher: Can you guys come? I want to go to the museum and we're gonna have cake and games!

Victor: We are? (looks at Jean)

Jean nods and smiles at Victor. He's already got it all planned out. We were set to go the following day. If there was one thing I loved most about Jean is that he is very reliable. He was the most reliable person I have ever met in my life and there was nothing he couldn't do. I had always felt safe when I was with him and he always made me feel safe.